37

"Not happening

         "Not happening." 

     Lennox knew the answer already, and Marissa's deadpan expression made him notice the features she shared with her father.

        "I can't exactly say 'no'." He tried to explain. "It's going to take more than just Galloway's say-so, of course, but it's still a probable conclusion to this entire fiasco."

         "Putting Barricade and Starscream in a prison?" She gestured with an arm to the two Decepticons being held back from bolting already and throwing Cybertronian profanities. "They've helped you guys so far, even did their best to not harm me. I think that's deserving of a little credit."

         "You insolent little pests believe you could entrap me?" Starscream screeched in English, being held back from pummeling the entire group of humans by Ratchet and Optimus, while Bumblebee and Ironhide held down Barricade on the floor.

     Lennox dragged a hand down his face tiredly. He was not having the best of afternoons.

         "It's not official, got it?" He attempted to reason, though he was speaking solely to Marissa. "That's the tentative plan. It still has to be run by the Secretary and the President. If not, then the Vice President. Those two are still murderers and world killers, not to mention kidnappers."

         "Are we seriously throwing that bullshit around again?" Marissa cursed at the officer, watching as his eye twitched.

         "Bullshit? Kid, you have no idea what you were roped into, you've been injured and threatened by both 'Cons, attacked by two others we had no idea even existed and let's not forget that you endangered your entire family by making your. Own. Choice."

     Marissa blinked. She hadn't realized her own argument could be used against her. Suddenly it was plain as day that she could be considered the bad guy in her situation. She had a faint knowing that there was something off about the piece of metal on the ground the whole time she had it. Instinct should tell her to get rid of it, right? 

         Or did she have a faint want for adventure she only thought she'd find in books?

     The thought that she was being selfish crossed her mind, but helping the Autobots wasn't being selfish, not to her. Was she really helping the Autobots by staying with Vector Sigma, though? Perhaps she had only come to enjoy the conversations with the entity and didn't wish for it to end so soon. Or maybe the strange protective nature she felt over the being was making her forget who she was supposed to be loyal to.

         'Am I being lied to?' She wondered. 'Is he just using me?'

         'How dare you-' the sound of offense stabbed at her skull, and Marissa found herself apologizing for assuming she was only a tool for Vector Sigma's plan, whatever that may be. 'I wish no ill on a friend.'