Party of Five

Koharu

Koharu's newly extended party of five rowed the Tilnel to the southeast portion of Rovia, into the business district they passed through yesterday afternoon. Now with a gondola of their own, Kirito said they should visit the shops since they don't have to worry about paying. Jaymes and the newcomer Mito agreed, so she and Asuna followed their expert opinions. Koharu didn't say it, but she bet Kirito just wanted to explore now that he had that freedom but wanted to include the group.

"These accessories are so nice," Asuna says as she and Koharu are drawn to an accessories shop. Koharu silently agrees as she picks up a green and blue-colored beaded bracelet, the stones glistening in the sunlight. She turns around, looking for her partner, but he's interested in another shop - and apparently, Mito has a similar interest.

She turns away before those unnecessary feelings from yesterday with Lisbeth pop up again, and just remembering them puts pokes into Koharu's heart. She'll reiterate a point made in a prior conversation with Asuna before meeting Mito, she has no romantic feelings for her partner, but she will admit that she does feel possessive over him. She is his partner, after all. They've been together without fail for over forty days. Yet, she isn't foolish. For starters, he could leave her at any time and join up with someone stronger than her-Kirito, maybe even Asuna or someone else once their party ends. He promised her that they'll be together until the very end, whether it be death or liberation, but she won't be optimistic to believe that entirely, not because she doesn't trust his word.

If her weakness becomes a crutch for his development, she'll step aside and let him go.

"Hey, what would you say to upgrading your armor? You've been using that breastplate since the second floor, right?"

"That's true, but…I don't really want to increase the weight of my equipment. The ones with really high defense are all so heavy."

"Well, there's nothing you can do about that," Kirito speaks to Asuna, but it's probably for both of them to hear. Both girls only wear a thin breastplate, with the rest of their armor being made of leather. Koharu upgraded hers a bit on the prior floor before the fight with Nerius the Evil Treant and repaired by Lisbeth the day prior, so it should hold on for a while longer. Doesn't hurt to look around. "Take this for what it's worth, coming from a guy who wears nothing but leather and cloth. If you have the Light Metal Armor skill, why not make more use of the 'metal' part? You'll find that just switching your gloves or boots to studded or plated armor will make a big difference."

"Studded? Meaning…it has metal studs stuck in it?"

"Studs? You mean, like…those punk fashion spiky things?"

"I don't really understand. Can I see the real thing in a store before I decide?"

"Of course. Now, I think the recommended shop for the fourth floor was..." Kirito taps his temple and then points to somewhere between east and southeast. "That way, I think. There's a nice little restaurant tucked away there, so we can eat after we shop."

xxxxxxxxx

Jaymes convinced Koharu to upgrade to studded armor, so along with Asuna, she got a studded leather skirt, gloves, and boots. The metal "studs" were smooth, not spiky, so she didn't look ridiculous. Jaymes paid for the purchase he forced upon her, so she added an additional component to it - a cloak like Asuna's but longer and green. Something about it completes her.