Because They Got You

Koharu

Saturday, December 31st, 2022, 11 am.

"How's the water, Koharu?"

Koharu looks up with a relaxed smile as Asuna steps down to join her. "It's perfect. If only every day could be this relaxing."

"Hehe, don't let Jaymes hear that. Hufhuwhee..."

Koharu and Asuna, along with the rest of their team, are visiting the elven village of Shiyaya on the northern side of the fifth floor. It's a Non-Code village, meaning the Anti-Criminal Code won't protect them, but it is an instance map for the five, so the girls can relax naked in the bathwater. Both girls stretch out their limbs, letting the warm water wade against their bodies, breathing in the scents of fruits and herbs that calm their nerves.

The bath is not as big as Yofel Castle's, but for them, it is large enough to hold ten bodies without being a tight fit. Just like the girls, the dark elves love their baths. The stress of the last two days filters out their body, making room for more to take its place.

After separating from Argo in the catacombs, Jaymes and Koharu followed what sounded like a yell and found Asuna, though it was after Kirito and Asuna did. They found the latter two hunched in a hollow, Mito standing awkwardly nearby. After the two recovered, the five traded their reasons for being the dangers of the catacombs.

Jaymes and Koharu were searching for a mysterious ghost player with Argo but ran into two players who did not fit the description.

Kirito, worried that he hadn't been able to send Argo a message since dinnertime, came down in search of Argo.

Asuna, worried about letting Kirito go alone, followed him into the depths but got lost, fell into a trap, lost her sword, and encountered Morte and his ally during their secret meeting.

Mito, relaxing in her room, saw that Asuna had taken some damage. Confused, she believed Asuna might have gone on a solo hunt in the dungeon and remembered that Jaymes and Koharu were in the catacombs. She found herself unable to message the pair or Kirito, so she ventured to the catacombs in search of Asuna and the others.

Following that, Jaymes led the group to Argo's location, the safe room outside the boss chambers, where she explained her day investigating both the boss chamber's puzzles and the player-ghost's details. But she eventually solved the former puzzle, and yesterday, the zombified boss was beaten by a select group of top players, the party of five included. The fight was successful, allowing Argo to focus on the unsolved puzzle of the player-ghost.

The Dark Elf questline was short and uneventful, unlike the prior two floors. They met Kizmel yesterday, completed a few short quests, faced a Fallen Elf officer, and Kizmel departed for the next floor. As such, they only have one thing to think about; the upcoming raid tonight.

"I wonder if the forest elf village has baths this big," Asuna wonders.

"Not so, apparently. The forest elves have tiny baths, but their food's supposed to be phenomenal."

"Oh, I happen to think dark elf food is quite good on its own."

"They bring out feasts like they came out of a three-star restaurant. But after experiencing this bath, I'd have to say that I personally prefer the dark elf side. Thanks for letting me into your party, A-chan and Ko." Whether procrastinating or waiting on Jaymes to pay her, Argo floats freely on the water's surface. Like the other girls, she's not wearing her any clothes, but those whiskers are ever-present on her cheeks.