Castle Galey

Koharu

According to Kirito, Castle Galey is three floors tall, sculpted out of a circular basin six hundred feet across. As they stood on the north side of the castle, they walked through the gate to a C-shaped courtyard running east to west. Elven guards and servants occupy the courtyard, but Koharu and her party's attention is on the large spirit tree that stands at the center. The hardwood spirit tree is the mechanism of transportation both elven sects used to traverse floors. For an area that had no plant life aside from cacti and a lack of water., it was amazing to see the tree filled with green leaves and surrounded by a crystalline spring.

Kirito was explaining the background of the spirit trees, how Castle Galey's had had an abnormally long lifespan in comparison to others when Koharu heard their names called out by a familiar voice. It was a brown-skinned, purple-haired female knight in black-steel armor and a scimitar on her hip. Koharu and Asuna greeted her first, the three women embracing for a couple of seconds, followed by the knight greeting Kizmel and a shy Kirito with hugs of their own. Only Jaymes didn't seem appreciative of the hug, as he awkwardly received the hug but didn't return it.

Kizmel, their beautiful companion in the "Elf War" questline and member of the Pagoda Knights Brigade of Lyusula. "Kizmel, it's good to see you."

"It is indeed, Asuna and Kirito. I'm glad you've come...It must have been difficult to cross this arid land on foot," she said.

Asuna beamed. "It was nothing, knowing we'd see you at the end."

"I'm happy to hear you say that. Please, come inside and clean off the dust of your journey...but only after you've paid your respects to the liege of the castle. I'm sorry to delay your rest..."

"No, if we're going to enjoy the hospitality here, we must show our appreciation,"

xxxxxxxxx

"I am of common birth," Kizmel says with relief as the six warriors exit the chambers of Count Melan Gus Galeyon. "Since receiving the duty of recovering the hidden keys, I have had more interactions with nobles, but it is not something one gets used to."

Count Galeyon is the large and hearty master of Castle Galey, but unlike Viscount Yofilis, he was a run-of-the-mill NPC. There's nothing noteworthy about him in Koharu's mind besides the three sub-quests and teh main quest he assigned the humans on. Koharu can't say she shares the same feeling with Kizmel.

"Ha-ha, I'm a commoner too," Kirito replies. "I get nervous around important people. I don't know about Asuna and the others, though."

Mito giggles and points to Asuna. "So she's prim and proper, all right."

"Hey!" Asuna jabs Mito in the side. "I'm an ordinary citizen, just as you are!"

"As ordinary as Mister Red and Black over there. He looked to be in his element."

Jaymes, who Koharu did notice also was extremely calm (and bored) in the talk with Count Galeyon, shrugs and crosses his arms. "Well... I wouldn't say I'm a commoner. Anyway, where to next?"

"Come." Kizmel leads them down the windowless hallway of the castle's third floor to the west wing to a single guest chamber. Upon entry, Asuna and Mito swoon over the elegant furniture, removing their equipment and plopping down on a long, wood-frame curved sofa, sinking into the plush cushions. Kizmel and Koharu join them in a more ladylike manner after removing their weapons. Kirito rids himself of his sword and drops into an armchair across from the couch, while Jaymes lands against the nearby wall, sheathed sword planted on the floor like a terrorizing bodyguard.