Chapter 3

Y/ns pov:

"Hm. Their dead, well what tragic. So, you, Rojo and Linda are the only last Santiago's left. Huh well why didn't you check if anyone else was in the house?" Abuela Alma says in almost a hushed tone. I slowly look up with teary eyes, a chorus of 'Mama!' and 'Abuela!' was heard from the rest of the Madrigals. The twins were asleep in the nursery.

"I tired ok, believe me I didn't want them to die. My baby's were in their room scared, I of thought the rest of my family would have escaped" I cry. I feel a hand placed on my shoulder and turn to see Camilo with a frown, looking at his Abuela.

"Abuela! Why would you say something like that, they just lost their family, you know how it feels to lose someone, you should be the person who would understand the most" Camilo shouted in pure rage. She was in pure shock, disbelief even.

"Out!" she said pointing to the door, looking down at the table I was now crying. I look at her in the face shocked. I stand up and look upstairs towards Mirabels room.

"B-but the twins I have to get them" I say as I point to the door, Abuela grabs my shoulders and turns me towards the front door, pushing me to it.

"Don't bother, they don't deserve to be with you in the dirty streets, I banish you from this house. Your no longer aloud to speak with our family, the twins or come near the house again" she says with a final last shove. She slams the door on my face, now my tears are like rivers running down my face. I turn to the street, once was destroyed but now filled with life. I walk the streets, down to the rubble. My 'Home'.

311 words