Chapter-4: Siddharth Ranganathan

June 10, 811 AH

"It's already been one month since we came to this city. Tomorrow is a big day for you, Siddharth." Said Siddharth's mom, Yashoda, as they have their dinner.

"Yeah, I know, Mom. It's the Entrance Ceremony of the NES. I already have the invitation letter."

"We couldn't afford for a big school right now, so-"

"It's okay. I understand. Good for me, I can travel from home by walk, as the school is just ten minutes away from home. Well, it's already late, I better go to sleep now. Good night, Mom."

Beep... beep... beep.... Siddharth stopped the alarm.....

"Ahhhhh..... it's already 6:30 in the morning and the ceremony starts at 8. I have enough time."

"Mom, I'm leaving."

"You sure you can go alone?"

"Come on, Mom, I can go alone. I remember every corner of the city now."

Then he left home and started walking toward the school.

There are many students outside the school gate. Siddharth went inside and was given a paper form to fill in the personal details. So he searched for a bench nearby and sat on that empty bench and started filling up the form.

"Hey, you. Get lost. I will sit here now."

Siddharth looked at a boy with red spiky hair standing in front of Ramaraju.

"Go find some other place. I came here first." Ramaraju replied.

"Hey, Doji, I think this is the fella who can't use Odic-Force. I've heard a lot about him." says a boy who seems to be a friend of Doji.

Doji then puts one leg on the bench beside Ramaraju.

"Oh, so you are that person. Let's a play a game, pest."

"Hey, cut it out. Get lost before I get angry." Shouts Ramaraju. Unfortunately for him, none of his friends were there to help him.

"He can't use his Odic-Force?" thought Siddharth as he watches them closely.

Doji raises his hand and is getting ready for an attack. He creates a fireball in his hand and threw it toward Ramaraju. But Siddharth helps Ramaraju dodge it as the fireball burned the bench.

"Hey, what do you think you're doing? Let me see how you dodge this, you pests." said Doji as he now tries to throw a fireball with both his hands. But suddenly a pressure of wind craters above and he falls to the ground. Siddharth and Ramaraju look at a girl with long silver hair wearing the uniform of the school as she speaks.

"Fighting during this ceremony is strictly prohibited. If you violate it again, then the school student security council will take strict action."

Doji got up and looks at them with an angry face and then walks away slowly with his friends saying nothing. Vamsy, Rohan, and Siya gathered along with the others.

"Ram, are you all right?" asks Siya.

"Yeah, thanks to these both. They saved me."

They leave as the ceremony was about to start. Siddharth finds a seat near Ramaraju and Siya.

"Is the seat beside you empty?" Siddharth asked.

"Yes, please help yourself."

"My name is Siddharth Ranganathan. Nice to meet you."

"I'm Siya."

"And I'm Ramaraju. Thank you for helping me out there."

"Oh, it's nothing. We both should actually thank that girl who saved us."