Chapter-8: The Eclipse Gathers

Plaburgh City, 801 AH

The so-called Plaburgh City was in ruins, as always. The people were suffering, dying in large numbers, and yet the world didn't care. This was the place to dump your garbage and the things you didn't want. All the people who lived in this area were very poor, with no chance of going somewhere in the world. Some people, not all of them.

"Even after two years, nothing had changed." He said, looking at his city. The black-haired teenager had last seen this city when he was around 13 years old. No one in Plaburgh city knew their birthdays, since they are all orphans. He did not know his exact age, but he was around 15 years old and a master of Odic-Force at this very young age. Daman, an ex-habitant of this city, was observing the misery with no emotion in his eyes. After leaving the city with the so-called "Eclipse," the criminal had decided to see if the city had gotten a little better over the two years since he and his followers had left. And the truth was a serious NO.

"I guess I had my answers." He said, looking at his city with displeasure. He never hoped that Plaburgh City could be rebuilt into something good, but he wanted to be reminded of the hell that he was constantly trying to escape.

Daman was on his way back to his followers, who were waiting in an abandoned building a few kilometers away from town. While he was walking, he heard what sounded like a baby.

"Buaaaa"

"Huh," Daman said, confused. That sounded like a baby, but here in Plaburgh City.

"Buaaaaa"

"Is that a baby?" He thought, looking around. Sensing where the sound was louder, he heard the voice of a more mature adult woman. "Please be quiet."

Daman decided to check out where the source was coming from. He walked a bit and found a beautiful 20-something-year-old woman with white hair and blue eyes who was crying.

"Hello," Daman said in a non-joyous tone.

"What do you want?" asked the woman, protecting the baby, who was still crying.

"Why is this child crying?" Daman asked.

"The same reason why anyone cries around here. It's Plaburgh City, there is nothing but pain and suffering here." She said, gritting her teeth and coughing blood.

"What is happening?" Daman asked, not understanding the situation.

"I'm dying. I don't have much time left in this world and my daughter knows about that." Said the woman, who was still holding her crying daughter. She looked like she hadn't eaten in days.

"What do you have?" Daman asked curiously. The woman could only laugh. "If you want to treat me, sir, forget it. Nothing can save my daughter and me."

"Where is the father?"

"Over there." Her finger pointed to a carcass of a human being eaten by crows.

"How long?"

"Three weeks. He was looking for food and ended up being killed."

"Uh..." He said, looking at the corpse. "What's her name?" He didn't bother to know the woman's name, because the child was the one making more noise.

"Luna. We named her Luna."

"That's a beautiful name." The woman kept coughing blood and spit out other things while the baby kept crying.

Daman looked at the scene with cold eyes. He was not a good man, but he wasn't inhumane. Anyway, he felt bad for those people, but he thought his ideology would not be helpful at the moment.