Chapter-1: My Name is Ramaraju Volimiri

YEAR: 810 AH (After Holocaust)

"You're weak and a coward. You can't compete with the world. Go back home, Ramaraju."

No matter where he went, the same words followed him around.

After being continuously rejected to join any school for failing the admission tests, Ramaraju Volimiri, a 10-year-old boy, gets dejected. The reason he failed those tests is that he can't use the Odic-Force within him like the rest.

The Odic-Force comes from the force of life. It is part of everyone, but despite having this within them, not all beings can use them. Fortunately, there are many training facilities (schools) to make sure those who can wield this Odic-Force wield it responsibly. The people who wield this power are known as 'Ryoshi'. More and more research is being put into discovering what the limits of this power are and what the most efficient ways of using it are.

Ram's father, Amshuman, gets worried about him. He receives a call from Harsh, his friend, and learns that there is someone who started a school recently near the Glengrave hill of their city, 'Nuville' in the country of Zelkova. Amshuman then went to this school the next day, along with Ram. The infrastructure of the school impressed them, but there is still some ongoing construction work in some areas of the school as it had just begun. The staff of the school welcomed them. A tall woman about 50 years of age introduces herself as Vasuda Garudadri, the principal of the school. Along with her were Brijesh, the vice-principal, and other staff members. Ramaraju sits in the garden/playground area as Vasuda explains the school's structure and plans to Amshuman.

"Coming to the admission test, the child doesn't need to rely on their Odic-Force. We will give more details on the day of the test itself." 

"I think this is the first school that isn't considering certain criteria for their admission. Listening to the ideas and structure you intend to proceed with, I believe this will be a good place for my son to grow up and learn."

"Yes, Mister Amshuman. You can trust us with this. Although this is the first batch, I'll make sure this will be a perfect start for the children."

"Alright. Is this test mandatory for every passing year?"

"We require no other tests for each year till the child graduates/ opts out of the school. Also, the test is going to be held 3 days from now."

Ramaraju sitting in the garden wonders how astounding this place is and he is eager to join and make friends. Amshuman picks up Ramaraju and they leave.

After going home, Ram sees his cousin, Zerak, one of the top Ryoshis of his generation. Zerak's mother is the elder sister of Amshuman. Ram didn't have any siblings. He calls Zerak his elder brother because of the bond he shares with him. Zerak learns about the school and gets a good impression of it. Ramaraju asks if he could help him use his Odic-Force to which Zerak denies and said that he'll do it only if Ramaraju passes the test for the school.

On the day of the admission test, Ramaraju and his father arrive at school. Harsh introduces his son Rohan, who will also join the first grade along with Ramaraju. They were being told the instructions of the test. The test will be in a dungeon within the school premises itself. The staff will form a three-member team and send them into the dungeon. Each team has to find three power orbs and use them to power the door to pass the test. But there are random puzzles inside, and everyone must solve them before they could reach the door.

They announced the teams. Ramaraju's team includes Rohan, and a girl named Siya. They had to wait, as there are other teams named to go into the dungeon before them. Their turn arrives, but Ram hesitates to get into it. Siya and Rohan convince him to come. As they get into it, the door they entered was closed and Ram had bad vibes all over. After walking for a while, they see the lights getting dimmer. Ram was about to freak out as he gets afraid. They see a bowl on a stand in front of them. Next to the bowl is a knife, as well as a note which reads, "Fill me to the top, and get the orb." The knife is seemingly bloodied, as is the bowl. Rohan and Siya tried to move the bowl, but it stuck to the stand. They eventually get the impression that they require the blood to fill the bowl, perhaps even the blood of theirs or specific blood. But Ramaraju denies it. He stops them before they could do anything and says that it doesn't have to be true. Further, Ramaraju tests the residue on the bowl and knife to see if it is the blood. Siya and Rohan notice that it's just a dried fruit juice and that its smell is manipulated so that they can't figure it out. Then Siya asks where could they find this juice to which Ram replies that the water they are carrying would be sufficient and they test filling the bowl with water. They receive an orb in the bowl and continue to move.