A few last words from me..

In the name of God, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

If the time of prayer has been called and you haven't prayed before reading this, please do so.

 !السلام عليكم

May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon you all!

It's me, Sumaya! I'm feeling so many different emotions as I conclude this book. Sadness, grief, happiness, and content. I began writing this story in July 2016. That was close to six years ago! And it is only now coming to an end. The small, sixteen-year-old me that started this book is almost unrecognizable in comparison to the older, twenty-two-year-old university graduate typing these words now. I always laugh when I go back and re-read the story. I can almost see the innocent and child-like Sumaya fangirling as she writes chapter after chapter. I didn't know that my book would receive so much love and so much positive feedback. So many of you have reached out to me and said that this book helped you or inspired you and I would like to respond altogether and say thank you. You all have also inspired me to continue doing what I love. And writing is one of the few hobbies that I can continue to do endlessly. Thank you for supporting me. Thank you for being so kind to me. Thank you for everything.

This book feels like my own friend. It graduated high school with me, worked all my odd jobs with me (7 in total), and grieved the passing of my father with me. It graduated university with me and helped remind me of Allah. It helped me go through life, always hoping that I would find my own Dawud. And I did. Although his name is not Dawud LOL.

And for those who complete this book longing to find your Dawud, I want you to know that it is entirely possible. And I'd like to share some words of direction...

My love, get to know yourself. Take a personality test, find out your love language, heal from the wounds that stop you from living a healthy and happy life. Get therapy if you need it. Fix your relationship with Allah. Follow your dreams. But always... always hold on tightly to the rope of Allah. Find someone who embodies the characteristics of the Prophet (saw). Someone kind, merciful, forgiving, well-mannered, and emotionally intelligent. Do not start any relationship in a haram matter. Allah will not bless something that He Hates. Have that difficult conversation with your parents. Have it again and again and again until they agree. And get married in a way that is pleasing to Allah. And when you do that, you'll see all the ways Allah will bless you in your marriage and fill it with happiness.

So many of the stories you see on this app are love stories, but they are not unattainable. Be the main character in your own story. Fall in love with who you are and envision who you wish to be and then, and only then, find the person who will treat you like a princess and be an excellent role model for your children.

Thank you so much for everything. I am planning on writing a new book, with a new string of characters that will be published soon, so if you're interested, keep an eye out for that!

And lastly, I would love it if you could tell both myself and the other readers how this book affected you and your life. Let's create a small little safe place in the comments and support each other! It would mean the world to me.

Love you all.

From,

Sumaya. 🤍