Twenty-Five

"Is there anyone you can think of that would want to hurt you? Or you?" The police questioned Olivia and Spencer in her hospital room. They both exchanged telling looks.

"Actually office-"

"Nope. I have no idea who could have done this. Thinking about it, no one really comes to mind" Olivia cuts him off and shrugs her shoulders. Spencer looked at his girlfriend in disbelief of how easy it was for her to lie. Laura sensed the tension and thanked the officer before escorting him out. Spencer watched as everyone left the room and got up from his position on her bed.

"So you really not gonna tell them it was Tyrone?" He questioned, slightly annoyed and confused by her behavior.

"No. Why should I? I mean if I would have told them than it would backfire on Coop" Olivia stated.

"Liv, I don't think you understand. You could have DIED. I wanted to kill Tyrone for what he did to you-"

"And I appreciate you being worried about me but I'm fine. I'm okay.. but what I wouldn't be okay with is Coop getting implicated because of her association with him" Olivia replied genuinely. She honestly didn't blame Coop for what happened. Dealing with the shooting has been difficulty for her but having Spencer and her family by her side has made it bareable.

"If she never would have sought Tyrone out then she wouldn't have been involved"

"You don't mean that"

"Nah I do. Liv you don't understand the fact that you could have died" Spencer reiterated because he doesn't believe she understood the severeness of the situation.

" I know but none of that is Coop's fault, it's all Tyrone's and-" she began to explain but is interrupted by the sound of Spencer's phone. 

"I gotta go to school but I'll see you later after practice?" He said as he placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Yup, I'll be here" she responded playfully rolling her eyes. "Waiting..all by myself...who knows I might find my Derek Shepherd while you're gone" she laughed as she watched him halfway out the door. He turns around at her comment and narrows his brow.

"You not funny" he laughed.

"So why are you laughing" she countered making them both hysterically laugh.

"I'll see you later"

5 Hours Later

"Have you spoken to Coop?" Layla asked as she leaned against Spencer's locker.

"Not since the day at the hospital" he replied as he put his books up.

"I need to know if she's still serious about music because if not I'm going to have to think about signing more artists"

"You know I can do a little something on the mic" he responded making them both laugh. Their laughter is interrupted as a familiar figure comes waltzing towards them.

"Layla girl are you gonna give us an intro" Rochelle said as she stood beside Layla and stuck her hand out for Spencer's to shake.

"Rochelle hey, this is-" Layla began

"Spencer James, 28 touchdown receptions, 131 catches, 1,826 yards receiving. That's an impressive season." She smiled as she cut Layla off. "Rochelle Mosley" she fluttered her eyes. Spencer and Layla both shared a confused look before he shook her hand.

"Nice to meet you" he answered, politely pulling his hand away and secretly hoping their encounter would be over soon.

"Rochelle just graduated from Beverly last year and is a football fanatic especially Beverly" Layla explained as she moved to the side watching her friend's obvious attempts at Spencer.