PROLOGUE

Never listen to the Oracle of Delphi, never visit it in fact. Life isn't rosy and the future won't be probably. That was one thing I, Atlas of Megaras believed with all my heart. After all it was the deranged uttering of the Oracle that has doomed me to this life.

My father, Leon of Megaras, General and Hero had decided to visit the Delphi Oracle 21 years ago to know about his unborn child. Giving riches worth 10 talents of Gold and 5 goats hoping for a rosy prophecy, he had been told something horrifying. Walking out dazed and disoriented he was ridden with fever for 5 days. When he woke up my mother went into labour.

She after a tiring day gave birth to me, her daughter. My father was invited in. Everyone was a bit vary, a firstborn daughter wasn't appreciated much. After all one had to arrange her marriage and dowry. It was true some fathers abandoned their daughters but my father took it one step beyond.

According to Semele, my nanny my father has no expression on his face. He took me from her arms and walked over outside to announce the joyous birth of his son. My mother was astonished but too tired to even talk about it till the nightfall. When she did, all he said was- That was what the Gods wanted.

And I grew up, utterly confused. Because outside our home I was dressed as a boy, wearing leather sandals and hair tied in a bun. While my mother at home, dresses me up like a girl, weaving flowers in my hair as she sung of Gods. She told me how my grandmother was enchanted by Zeus and how she gave birth to my mother. She tried showing me how to weave on the giant loom that towered to what seemed like the sky. But alas I lacked any alacrity for weaving. Those were the happiest days of my life.

When I was five my mother died, giving birth to another daughter. I was there as she made me promise to protect my sister at all costs from our father. She placed a yellow dandelion in my hair, before my father arrived and I was unceremoniously removed from the room.

And that was the beginning of the end. I learned how to fight with a sword until I could do it blindfolded. I ran 10 miles every day and then swam in the seas for an hour. And when I was ten, when I went on my first military campaign. I was twelve when I killed my first man. It has been eight years of fighting bloody wars.

Wherever I went, people whispered. "Atlas-killer of men." It made me vomit. I don't want to fight wars for someone else's ego, someone else's hatred. And now the peace treaty has been drawn up. I think I did it. There won't be any more wars. Not for a while. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'M BACK. LMAO. IT'S BEEN A LONG WHILE BUT COLLEGE LIFE IS STRESSFUL. SINCE I MISSED NANOWRIMO (THANK YOU COLLEGE LAB EXAMS AND FINALS) I DECIDED TO POST THIS STORY INSTEAD. I'LL TRY TO POST DAILY BUT I MIGHT DO IT ALTERNATE. 

BUT ON TO THE MAIN THING - I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!