I don't have a secret anymore

He stared at me. And I stared at him. Both silent as the world went about their business. Gulping down my anxiety, thoughts were running through my mind faster than a fresh water stream.

"How..." I cursed my inability to speak out in important times.

His thumb brushed against my bandaged knee, as if to comfort me.

"How did you know?" it finally came out.

Prince Hero got up, pacing about. The owl that was content sitting over his knapsack flew over with swoop to my shoulder. It round, bright eyes stared at me as it twisted his head to the side.

"I had my suspicion, on the first day we meet."

A groan escaped me, "Damm flowers!"

He turned around, "No it was not the flowers." He smiled. "I though you just like flowers, nothing bad, but then you slapped me. Not punched or kicked but slapped."

"But..." The dammed owl nipped my ears, as if to silence me.

"Then the next time we meet on the battle field, you muttered 'I'm not going to lose my life to a man.' Then considering your eyes and" he touched his lips, "gentle bow lips it struck me that you weren't a man. That was surprising!"

That made me realise something. On that day, "You gave away because you were surprised." He nodded, "I guess so."

I buried my face in my hands. "Great, just great." The owl just flew over to Prince Hero's shoulder.

What a bad day. Someone knows my secret- one that even Aeneas doesn't know. And then he lost because he was surprised not because I defeated him. Like do I have any credibility in life?

"It's okay. I won't treat you any different!" he muttered.

Treat me any different. I looked at him, "Aren't you like gay?" His eyes grew wide in shock.

"Who told you that?"

"Well I don't think it's bad that you're into men. I mean it's your choice." I muttered.

"I'm not gay!" he exclaimed. "I mean I don't care if you were a man or a woman but that necessarily doesn't mean I'm gay!"

Standing up I brushed off the back of my thigh length chiton. Was it too short now? "I think that means you are gay."

"No, it doesn't mean that." He strode closer to me. "Do you me to prove it?" His face was too close to mine.

"No... I mean no...Not necessary!" the back of my ears was burning. I could feel it.

"Why not?" he whispered in my ear. His hands were on my hips. He pulled me closer.

"I like the way your body melts against me." he smirked, his eyes brightening up. They filled me warmth, the kind you feel after sitting in the sun for a few hours, wrapped in a warm cloak.

"What do you think? he tucked a runway curl behind my ear.

I gulped, "I wouldn't know." I shut my eyes. Maybe he would leave?

"How sweet!" his lips ghosted over mine. My hands were on his shoulders, holding on for dear life. Why were my knees so weak?

"Aren't we on opposite sides of a war?" Part of me wanted him to stop, part of me didn't. His eyes were full of mischief. He cupped my face, thumb brushing across my lips.

"Don't fight me then." And with that his soft lips kissed mine. My heart fluttered as I kissed him back. Slowly. I was not sure how to do this properly. But I was lost in his touch. He nibbled on my bottom lip and pulled away gently. I moaned. I opened my eyes to take in his slightly red face and swollen lips. He tugged my fists off his chiton.

"Next time I kiss you, don't close your eyes." He tapped my nose taking a few steps back. Next time. Next time?! I gasped as he was gone. Just gone. Like he had melted away in the wind.

My knees gave out. My heart was beating faster than a war drum. Fingers trembling, I lifted them to my lips. I couldn't believe this had happened. A small laugh tumbled from my lips. I had just lost my first kiss to a Prince.

Uhhhh...why did he disappear though. It had made me feel frustrated. And what did he mean, there was no chance of a next time. Like how. I kicked out at the ground in frustration. The dawn had already broken across the sky, half the sky had turned pinkish red and the other half was studded with stars. It looked beautiful, so beautiful.

But I didn't have time to marvel at the night sky. Everyone at camp would be waking up. I needed to get back fast. Not only that I must think about an explanation as to why my knees were hurt and bandaged up. Also, the blood on my clothes.

Uh, excuses. Excuses come fast.