I don't like him

Prince Hero wasn't anything like I had expected him to be. I didn't have an idea what he was meant to be in my mind. He was a lot taller than me. Not as tall as King Alexander by any chance. But still a lot taller than the average man. His mid night black hair was pulled back in a man bun. He wasn't overly muscular, but possessed the toned muscles of an athlete. He was handsome, undeniably so. His jawline was sharp as a knife, with dainty pink lips. Golden brown like honey, his eyes held me in place.

Suddenly the calm shattered. I stood up. Was I just mentally waxing poems about a man who was on the other side of the war? The back of my ears was burning red, with embarrassment.

He leant closer to me. He smelled like pine wood trees from a faraway land. "Don't worry. I won't tell. Flowers looked pretty in your hair." He grinned at me, his smile like a wolf. I took a step back. But there was nowhere to go.

He leaned closer, his hands reaching out for me. They brushed against my ear. I pulled away from his touch. "What even..." Both of us stilled. Shrill voices of people arguing fell on my ears. I groaned. Were the Crown Prince and Princess going to argue all over the garden.

"Move." I pushed him a little, "We aren't supposed to be here." I shoved him a little harder. "Move it." I tried to get around him, when he suddenly spun me around wrapping his arm around my waist. I gasped, trying to get his arm off me. He tugged me closer, my back falling against his chest. His other hand closed on my mouth.

My heart was beating fast as he started to drag me away. Was he going to kill me? This wasn't how I wanted to die. Stabbed in a garden by my enemies. I pulled and thrashed, but he was stronger than me. Digging my heels in the ground had no effect. My back hit something rough. I looked around we were in a crop of trees, not too far from the lake.

"Don't scream." He muttered, hot breath filling my ear. "I'll take off my hand when they are gone." I strained my ears to hear, but the blood pounding through them didn't make my job easier. It wasn't this warm a while ago. What if he didn't let go of me when they left us alone? I didn't even know him outside of all the rumours I had heard about him. And how dare he touch me. The more I thought about it, the more my rage grew. I had enough.

"They are walking away now." He muttered softly, pulling away his hand. Impulsively, I slapped him. His face whipped to the side, as I pushed him away. Back off still facing him. "Don't. Don't you dare come near me. Don't you dare touch me."

I turned around and walked away as fast as I could. In fact, I broke into a run. I only stopped when I reached the royal stables, where Balius was kept. I took the reins and got on. I couldn't get the feel of his hands off me. It took a while finding the house my father had rented in Cassadia. After getting directions and asking half a dozen people for directions I could find it.

Located at the corner of the road, it had a giant Pine tree growing near the doorway. I handed over the reins to the servants and immediately plopped down on the wooden bench that was laid outside in the courtyard. My heart was still beating fast. I couldn't know if it was from the riding or him. I could still feel his gaze on my back. Uh, what in the name of Hades. I had never been this helpless in a situation before. I hated that my body froze instead of reacting when he grabbed me.

Why did this happen! Why! I don't even know if I could look Prince Hero in the eyes again. I shuddered, those golden eyes were a proof of his divine blood. Only 1st generation children of Gods possessed such eyes.

Suddenly Eda ran into the courtyard. It was quite late. She was still dressed as Aegeus. She ran over to me, "You have no idea what kind of an idiot I ran into today!"

I huffed. "You have no idea what kind of an idiot I ran into."

"How is someone so rich that they do not understand the concept of it's not for sale! I bought these pair of sandals because," she lifted her leg to show the worn sandals she was wearing. "And he offered to give me 100 drachmas for them."

100 drachmas! Good pairs of shoes cost at max 5 drachmas. "Well you should have just sold the sandals." Eda gasped as if I had told her that I had committed sacrilege. "No, I asked for them to be made at the Agora. Look, they have these gold cinches and solar motifs embossed in the soles. I'm not giving my shoes to him."

Eda kept on talking, "And then he wouldn't let go of the topic. He followed me around the Agora trying to convince me. Who does he think he is? Wait a minute." Eda leaned closer with a grin.

"You must know him. He was wearing a gold armour with the sun emblazoned on it. He carried a bow as well." Gold armour with sun motifs.

If it was who I suspected him to be, it would be a little complicated. "Eda, please don't tell me he had brown eyes and a small mole on the back of his neck." Eda brightened up immediately.

"Yes, exactly. Who is he?"

"That's the Prince of Lycians. Prince Isander."

"I don't care if he is a Prince or not he is obnoxious." Eda tilted her head, "Wait didn't you say you too ran into an obnoxious man?"

"I did run into the most obnoxious man I've had the displeasure of meeting."

"What did he do?" she asked grinning. "I deserve to know who is the unfortunate man who angered you. Also, there are two daisies tucked behind your left ear." She said, pointing at my ear.

"Ah, yes I found one in the Palace Gardens..." Two daisies? I gulped pulling out the 2flowers from my hair. When had he placed them in my hair?

"Any who, what happened at the peace treaty?"

"There will be a war. King Leandros stomped out with the other princes and Kings. He is going to kill anyone who will stand against him." Aeneas was standing in the doorway looking at the two of us. "You would have known if you hadn't run away."

"Do not ask." I muttered as Eda opened her mouth.

"King Leandros is not going to back down that he was wronged. We need to start building defensive structures from tomorrow morning. Sleep well." He replied.

"Can you take over my afternoon shift? I need to help my father set up the household."

"Yes, you worked through the night to allow me to rest."

"Good then, You need to stay behind and work out your shift as well, which is in the afternoon."

Two back to back shifts? Well that would be hard, but nothing I haven't done before.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LMAO SHE'LL ONLY KNOW HOW BAD IS IT WORK BACK TO BACK SHIFTS IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!!