BATTLE OF AGFA

There was a field of fallen soldiers in front of us. And right ahead of that field were the Spartans and Argives wreaking havoc on the last defense lines of Agfa. Prince Isander, lifted his bow. "Shoot." I had never seen archers in such huge numbers in battles I had fought. The twang of the bow and whistle of the arrows as they let go were loud. All of this they did while they were on horses.

The soldiers in the last few lines were unfortunate enough to get caught in that volley. They fell like leaves in autumn wind. "Let's go teach these Greeks a lesson." Enough said we fell on the enemy lines like lions.

They hadn't expected us to figure out so quickly. We broke through their ranks very quickly. But soon enough they got to know of the new contenders for control of Agfa. The Greeks were pushing their way through the front steadily while defending our attack. A spear came flying at me. I fell from Balius's back. A dreadful shriek told me it had found a target.

Athenians were determined to die that day. Nice of them. One after another they were falling. But there were too many of them. Stabbing a man through the chest, I was partially surrounded by 4 Athenians. Each of them holding a spear and a shield. There was no other option. I stabbed my sword in the ground.

Grabbing one of the spears I pulled with all my might. The unexpected move caused him to lose his footing. The knife he had on his belt was now in my hands. It found its home in the eye of a man. Two down. Two left.

Balius wasn't one to left out. He bit on to plume sticking out of the soldiers dragging him away. Nice horse. He needed better food at this rate. I turned to the last one. He was struck down by Prince Isander's arrow before the spear reached him.

A shrill war cry broke into my ears. I knew the voice. Prince Hero- Master of the War Cry was just one of his epithets. The wall had fallen.

"Don't let them harm the civilians." Isander commanded. He pinned another man to the ground with his arrows. He never seemed to run out. I picked up my sword. Looks like my plan of avoiding Spartans was not meant to be.

Aeneas and the Megarian infantry had already managed to clear a way to the walls. We finally managed to shove them aside completely to let a few of us into the city. There was complete pandemonium in the city. Amphorae of wine had been spilled across the street. Shops were being ransacked.

Isander's arrow struck down the first Spartan I saw. I was busy fighting an Athenian. It was very time taking when your enemy had a spear. They had the advantage of striking you from far. Trapping his spear under my armpit, it broke easily. A quick slash across the throat dispatched him to Hades.

I turned around to find a Spartan charging at me. I readied myself. But suddenly he was hit by a rock. He was knocked out cold. I looked up to see an old woman waving at me. She held another rock in her hand.

Well it seemed like everyone who entered the lane would not be safe. I continued my way. To find more enemies. It seemed the town people had figured out who were on their side. People were running past me. Dragging their children. Carrying the elders who couldn't walk fast.

A poorly build house had collapsed. I hoped no one was under there. It was a bloody fight. I did wonder where the King of Agfa was? Did he have no concern for his people?

I stabbed an Athenian in the thigh. He let out a painful shriek. I was about to dispatch him, but a loud voice, filled my ears.

"Stop." It was a command. Never had I been so tempted to listen to what had been told to me. I looked up at the roof. Standing on the shingled tiles of the building was a man. His armour was made of pure gold. He held a gilded bow in his hands that was far heavier than what could be wielded by the normal man. His luscious blond hair had been pulled back in a ponytail. Woven through his hair was a leave of laurel wreath. But it was his harsh golden eyes that gave away who he was. Apollo – Lord of Archery was here to greet us in person.