Prince Isander and Eda

Aeneas hadn't said a word. King Alexander hadn't said a word. Prince Isander hadn't said a word. They just stared at the solid gold plaque in my hands and the two children that were playing with King Alexander's horses. Or were trying to. The horses were content in sleeping.

"So, King Alexander we need to find someone who can take care of these children." Prince Isander commented.

King Alexander nodded vehemently. "Yes, but till then we need to ensure that they are feed and well taken care of."

"Also, we need to get a nanny. And toys." Aeneas continued.

"Do I look so irresponsible?" I wasn't that irresponsible. Okay maybe I forgot to eat or sleep occasionally. But that was more of an irregular thing.

"You forgot to eat for 2 days in a row once." Aeneas chided me.

"I told you there was no time."

"There was enough time. You just wanted to play with the lambs!" I did, they were soft and warm and cute and cuddly.

"And there was today when you ran off instead of resting." King Alexander added.

"Or that day when you fell asleep right outside your tent when we were building the ditch. I had to roll you in. And you didn't even wake up!" Prince Isander added.

"Okay. Okay. Maybe I'm careless." I stopped at that. There was no use trying to defend myself.

"Not careless. You don't care enough for yourself." Prince Isander replied.

"It shows in your fighting style. It feels as if you would hack down anyone in front of you at any cost." King Alexander added on.

Carme and Día had no care in the world. Apparently, they found it quite humorous I had been saddled with their care on such a fashion. We were packing up our things. The King of Agfa had sent over more supplies but declined to meet us.

We had left Agfa behind a long while ago. Since we had the time to spare we went around Mountain Lyra. Good thing to do. That place is freaky. Cassadia had already been informed of our victory. Entire streets were full of people throwing flowers on us, cheering us on.

A great feast was held for us. Sacrifices were made to the Gods and people were congratulating me for winning the duel. Prince Hero's sword was in my tent. It was considerably larger and heavier than mine, made to fit him. The handle was worn down with use, wrapped in soft leather. The bronze blade was sharp and polished. And on the blade, it was written, Hero – The Gracious.

It was a nice sword. I couldn't use it or bear to give it away. So, it would stay with me. I pulled away from the victory parade. I had to leave Carme and Día at home. That would be a fun thing to explain to Eda.

Despite my protests, Prince Isander wanted to come along. To make sure I didn't run away like I did at Agfa. I hoped Eda would not be at home. I had no clue if she would be dressed as herself or Aegeus.

The servants took the reins. If they had anything to say about Carme and Día they didn't. They pushed the door open and we stepped over the threshold. Eda wasn't there. But Aegeus was. Just great. She was dressed in a yellow chiton, hair pulled up as she supervised the men offloading the groceries for the month.

She ran up immediately, "Good grief, Atlas..." she stopped in her tracks when she saw Prince Isander. "What is he doing in my home?" Prince Isander was also not happy to find Aegeus here.

"I would like to ask the same of you." A part of me just wanted to run. Eda in anger wasn't a fun sight. She rarely got angry, unlike me. But when she did. She was on a warpath.