Chapter 1 : Hea begins her Journey

The city looked just normal to any person who would visit for the first time. Busy people, traffic all around, families, friends and couples in different restaurants, cafes and tourist attractions. But this is just the outer shell of the whole city.

It was around 9 am, and people were in different vehicles to reach their offices. Everything was quite peaceful. Suddenly a guy turned his car and sped up to move it away from all the cars in the same direction to avoid the long trail of cars in front of him. He tried to go forward only to get crashed into by another car coming from the other side. Thankfully, no one was injured. The drivers started to quarrel. And there was a huge traffic jam due to this.

And it was the first time the discipline on the road was destroyed.

And this was just the beginning. People in the households started to quarrel with one another, calling out names, throwing stuff. They picked up on each other for random things. People started to bargain, throwing materials from the counters in different malls and convenience stores. The offices were dull, without any energy. People were just... working.

Students didn't listen to their teachers, ran around the building, and didn't obey anyone, ransacked the school.

Meanwhile, Hea and Yoongi went to their university. But inside, everything was so dull. Either students were not energetic, or some were shouting at each other. It nowhere seemed like a university. Hea was really confused. From the beginning of the day nothing seemed normal. She believed that it's only the students who are under the spell, not the whole city.

She gulped and walked inside with Yoongi. Even the classes were not taken properly. After every topic students start to bicker with the teacher, and sometimes it gets out of hand. They were about to throw hands but fortunately class was over. Hea was terrified. None of them except her was bothered.

She rushed back home, shivering. The whole city was not in order. People were fighting, breaking rules, throwing away things from shops and so on. This wasn't the city where she lives? She didn't want this. She just wanted to be loved and accepted.

"Ha ha ha! Just because your daddy gives you money doesn't mean you can be the star of the school."

"Woo, looks like your daddy gives you a lot of cash! Thank you, cry baby."

"Give my purse back, please."

"Do you think just because you are rich, I will date you? Look at you pig."

"Her mother is so beautiful, and her? Is she even her daughter?"

"You are so innocent and kind...Do you think you can ever survive?"

"No one loves you, no one ever will."

"Dear, mom is busy for her shoot and dad has exams to take care of. Tell me what you want. We will get you everything"

"I just want you to spend time with me on my birthday." The little girl whispered.

<Hea's POV>

I wiped my tears and ran away. Reaching home, I saw that none of the maids have come today. I heard some noise from mom's room. I peeped in only to see them fighting. Bad memories of them being busy throughout my childhood and that time when they were about to divorce entered my head.

I couldn't take it anymore and slammed the door open.

"Mom dad, what are you doing? Stop this!"

They looked at me for a while and then started fighting again. As if I wasn't there at all. I had to stop this. And I know who is behind this.

I went to the rooftop and saw her standing and watching the city.