Chapter 3 : The Sword of Life

Namjoon looked around the shelves and walked into a long alley of bookshelves. Standing in front of one, he flicked his fingers as a book flew to his arms. He opened the book in front of everyone.

"Let me tell you a story..."

The story of this sword - Saengmyeongi Gyom, the sword of Life. Made by the elemental deities of Nature, Earth, Water and Wind, the sword was made of finest elements and magical powers, it had the powers to control good and evil.

Once upon a time, the balance of good and evil among every living being was looked over by these elemental deities. The balance of good and evil, right and wrong was what life is made up of. However, some sorcerers, with their desires to have more and rule over everyone got their darkness engulf what good remained in them and they started to collect all the darkness together, as they themselves became part of these unstoppable powers.

When the darkest forces plagued over the world, when sins clouded over the hearts of beings and threatened the safety of everyone. The evil powers were so strong that they could corrupt even the purest of souls. And that's why this sword was made. This sword in the hands of the rightful heir led the war against the evil forces, and was capable of winning over them. The forces, divided in several sins, scattered around the world, hidden among every living being.

And hence, there is always a terror of evil forces coming together to strike back, and if the sword falls into their hands, no power henceforth could stop the evil from ruling.

That is why, after that battle, to ensure peace and so that no part of the evil or dark force had a hand over the sword, the entities broke the sword into several pieces and each entity took upon them to protect the sword. Each entity made a puzzle as a clue to locate the part of the sword. However it is not easy, as several traps have been set before each of them. Each trap filled with challenges and riddles to reach the part, and the parts could only then be handed to the person who has shown persistence, wisdom, sacrifice and bravery in overcoming the traps.

However only the true heir of the sword will have the power to assemble the pieces and unleash the true power of the sword.

As Namjoon ended the tale about the sword, he turned to the last page of the book which was surprisingly empty.

"There is only one book written about Saengmyeongi Gyom and I, the keeper of the immense knowledge and wisdom, has been looking after and protecting this book since ancient times, as passed down to me by my ancestors.

However, the last page seemed empty and I've never tried to see through the pages, as I thought it wasn't required. But now it's time for me to do so."

After he said that, he placed his palm on the page and closed his eyes. A blue flame emerged around his palm, soon diluting into the page, and slowly extinguished. Namjoon opened his eyes.

"Blood...

I need a few drops of human blood to ink the page." He turned towards Y/n.

"Dear, if you don't mind, could you please spare me some drops of your blood." Y/n agreed without any hesitation.

Using a magical knife, Namjoon made a slight cut in her arm as slowly drops of blood fell on the page.

Something was visible on the paper. Everyone looked at it with their eyes open.

There was something scribbled on the paper in some foreign language!

Namjoon looked at it carefully.

"Ngurure ya Nyuma!" He said.

"What does it mean, hyung?" Jungkook enquired.

"Water Dwelling sword - everything written here is in one of the oldest Bantu languages - the predominating languages of South and South eastern Africa. And there is something else written here as well!

Has no boundaries but is deep
As an abyss till last hope it keep
Always filled with life
Yet in it found no life,
Here lies me the first of she
But the rank is not what it is.

Find me here."

"It's a riddle. If you carefully see it, it's the location of the first part of the sword! The language...it's clear that the location is in Africa, the language, it's from Africa. Now we need to pinpoint where it is". Seokjin said.

"Exactly, now we need to look deeply and find it." Everyone agreed to Namjoon.

As everyone looked around for clues, Y/n started to look at the magical world map hanging. The map had tiny mountains covered with snow, deserts with sand where a sandstorm was going on. Oceans and seas filled with water, yet not falling down due to gravity and all the physical features of the earth were live.

She looked into the map of Africa carefully.

"Has no boundaries but is deep
As an abyss till last hope it keep
Always filled with life"

She mumbled. On closing her eyes, she suddenly felt a drop of water from the map on her cheek. Her eyes widened.

Has boundaries....but deep....has life....

Why hasn't she thought before!!

The location is a lake in Africa! Which has very deep water.

Here lies me the first of she
But the rank is not what it is

Rank...that must be the size.. first, second...if the riddle says that the part of sword, then the lake must be the second largest... that means the location of the first lake is.....

"Everyone! I think I have found the location!!!!" Y/n screamed, taking everyone aback.

to be continued....

════════════════

Q/A: (the user Right answer will have a special shoutout from me in my next chapter!)
What is the name of the location of the first piece of sword based on the riddle and the clues found?

Hello lovely readers, part three is finally out! I am thinking of keeping some interaction at the end of chapters like these so that we together can find the clues and move ahead in our journey!
Sorry for late post, I was not feeling well these days.

Well, hope you enjoy this short chapter!

Love you and take care!