Chapter 9 : His Incomplete Love

Amidst the faint sound of rustling of leaves and whispers of the breeze, two humans seem to lie unconscious in between the tall tree covered with green foliage keeping them in shade. The faint sunshine between the leaves hit the closed eyes of the beautiful human who laid underneath. Squinting his eyes he opened them and sat up in a jolt. Looking around himself he wondered,

"Where am I?" He looked beside himself and saw an unconscious Mr Kang beside them.

"Mr Kang, Mr Kang! Get up please." After some moments, Mr Kang woke up, confused to see no one except Seokjin beside them.

"Where are we? Where is everyone else?" Mr Kang asked him.

"I don't know, but I think we should look out, or at least find our way out." Mr Kang nodded to Seokjin's words as they started walking. They could feel that they might be in a trap. None of them had any resources with them after walking for an hour, tiredness and thirst took over them. They still walked ahead only for Mr Kang to feel confused about his surroundings.

"I feel this place is very familiar." Somehow shivers ran through the body of Seokjin as Mr Kang said those words. They continued walking for a while when Mr Kang realised where they were.

"Seokjin-ah, we are in North Baekdudaegan."

Seokjin stopped on his tracks, but didn't say anything. Mr Kang led their way to a very familiar cottage. But the cottage didn't look well as if no one had entered the place for ages. Out of curiosity, Seokjin walked ahead and opened the broken, moss-filled door and entered inside. Everything was dark and filled with spider webs but a certain room was illuminating. Seokjin ran towards it and entered the room, his eyes widened.

"EUN AE-AH!!!" There laid a pale Eun Ae covered with dark shadows as she herself let out a faint white glow as if it was protecting her body from those shadows. Seokjin rushed towards Eun Ae as he screamed for Mr Kang, not caring about the dark shadows that captured her to prevent him from touching Eun Ae. Mr Kang rushed inside to see and stood there shocked. In no time he used his powers, which he didn't use for ages and freed Seokjin. Seokjin let out a sigh. He once again walked into the shadow, and despite all the dark powers preventing him, he managed to touch Eun Ae's hand. In no time, the dark shadows disappeared and so was the glow from her body.

Seokjin pulled her weak body in his lap and caressed her. Mr Kang walked outside and got a jar of water for her from the lake behind as he knew about the place. Seokjin checked her pulse to find a faint beat in her. He sprinkled water on her face and tapped her face gently calling her name.

Slowly, Eun Ae blinked her eyes, feeling the sprinkled water. On opening her eyes she saw him.

"Jin, is that you?" Seokjin, who was tearing up, nodded hysterically. Eun Ae, a little bit confused with her surroundings, tried to sit up as Seokjin helped her. She drank the water quickly offered by Mr Kang.

"Are you feeling better now?" Eun Ae nodded. Jin couldn't help himself and hugged her tightly, who responded back. He could feel himself trembling. After all, Eun Ae was none other than his only lover, his incomplete love...

<Flashback, to the time when the kingdom of Goryeo was newly formed>

On the foothills of the mountains of North Baekdudaegan, there was a beautiful little town, which was preparing for a very big day. Afterall it was the naming ceremony of the only princess, who was born to the kind emperor of the kingdom, who was childless for a very long time.

Eun Ae..The name given to the newly born princess, meant new spring; new growth. The little girl, considered as the gift of Gods, born in the season of spring, brought new life to the whole kingdom. She was the lucky charm of the kingdom. Her name echoed in everyone's lips. And that little girl grew up to be one of a kind, beautiful, caring, pure, sweet, delicate and what not. She was definitely an angel, as if she was molded specially by the Gods, which was actually true. Eun Ae was the finest creation of the Heavens.

And as receiving the boon of a child from the Gods, the king and his queen promised to make sure that she is the one who would listen to the heaven above. So time went by, the boon of the kingdom was hidden from everyone's eyes. She was taught, educated to become the future ruler and also she was taught that she was the daughter of the Heavens, and thus it is her responsibility to listen if she is called, and owing to the patriarchal era, she was also taught to be a wife. Even though she would be allowed to visit the town once in a while, but in disguise, to protect her from any danger as she was supposed to reveal her face on her coronation. She would roam around the town and the nearby forest and would spend her time walking around all by herself. In this way, Eun Ae grew up to be a beautiful lady of 19 years.

On the other hand, in a neighboring city, larger than that of Eun Ae's, there lived the most eligible and perfect bachelor of the city, Kim Seokjin, the Son of the Commander-in-chief, who was also the next in line. His handsomeness and striking features were all over the city, his almond eyes always held a spark, his full lips which held a charming smile, his tall and lean figure along with his smooth and radiant skin also adds to his overall attractiveness, and no lady could deny not to be affected by his charms. Beside being a perfectionist, he was popular due to his manners and friendly behavior. He was spoiled from his childhood with love and care and now in his youth, he would join the army, to serve his kingdom. So every free time he would roam around the markets, leaving happiness in everyone's hearts.

 So every free time he would roam around the markets, leaving happiness in everyone's hearts

(Sorry for the quality of gif...even though no quality percentage can decrease even 1 per cent of the perfection of this man)

But no matter how many beautiful maidens he had come across, none of them could fill his heart with the sweetness of love, until one day..

On a cloudy afternoon, in the cool breeze of the coming monsoon, Seokjin, after his daily toll in the city market, decided to feel the cool breeze amidst the greenery. And so he rode his horse, galloping amidst the large trees as he felt the cold breeze, rushing past him, making him feel alive. But suddenly, he felt a droplet of water on him, only for a huge rainfall to begin.

<Seokjin's POV>

I rode through the grassy path amidst the deep forest, as I felt the air rushing past me. The cool breeze touched me, I felt a rush of aliveness in me. I regret not spending time in the forest to feel nature's calmness and its beauty, feeling the lush green wrap around me. But suddenly, I felt a drop of water on me. I looked up to see the rain falling. In no time, the rain drops grew fast and heavy. The rhythmic sound of the drops and the earthy smell of rain filled my heart, as I took a deep inhale of the freshness around me. It was the first rain of the monsoon. It felt like the earth was filling her thirst while I quenched the thirst of my soul.

After a while, I took my horse to a large tree nearby for shade. I didn't realise that the rain was growing faster and it's not possible for me to return back to home by getting drenched in rain and falling sick. So I decided to wait, until the weather gets a little better. I removed my thick coat. Somehow, for my coat my shirt didn't get too soaked in rain. I smiled watching the rain when

"ACHOO." I heard a feminine sneeze from the other side of the tree. Out of curiosity I went to check out who was there only to see a young lady, wet due to rain shivering.

"Hello there." I said with a smile.

-to be continued...

════════════════

New chapter with a plot twist!!! Did you expect this?? Well, I am thinking of changing my posting schedule and in the meanwhile continue my paused story, "Body Swap". Hope you enjoy this chapter.

Love you and take care...