Chapter 5 : Endless depths of the past

<T/W : presence of words that might be uncomfortable to reading, including a**ident, d**th>

(Story narrated in italics are incidents of the past, and in later parts, Y/n's thoughts)

"Appa, please please please, just for today can we please go to the parkkkk! It's my birthday, you promised." The little girl of ten hugged her father as she rambled.

"Sweetie, can we please go a few days later? Appa is a bit busy today." The father sweetly requested her daughter. But the stubborn daughter shook her head.

"I promise appa, I'll be a good girl and I will not complain about the vegetables I won't like and will complete all my homework in two days. Please appa, for today?" The little girl showed her puppy eyes that have always made the father melt.

"Honey, it's okay to take a break today. After all, our baby turned ten. Let's keep her words, she has been wanting this for so many months, she wanted to celebrate her birthday there. Let's go, it will be alright. I know how hard you have been working for us. It's the least we can do for her." The mother said. 

The family was humble, they might be poor, living in a basement apartment, but their hearts were rich. The father had been saving money for this special day. And after a lot of convincing, the father agreed. The family prepared themselves for the big day, carrying everything they needed before they left for the bus to their destination, all ready to celebrate the birthday of the little girl.

However fate played with them, on their way the bus crashed into another, resulting in a fatal accident. The mother held her daughter in arms to prevent any accident, but it resulted in the death of the parents, leaving the daughter alone in this evil world. With their last words spoken out faintly,

"We love you Y/n-ah, it was never your fault."

.
.
.

"No.." Y/n held the hand of young Y/n and she started to run away. The storm followed them as it destroyed everything that came on its way. They ran faster, but the young Y/n tripped on her step and fell down. Y/n stopped and helped her stand up, however it was too late, the hurricane was too close, too close to engulf them.

The tremendous speed of the storm started to cut through the skin of adult Y/n, completely covering her younger version so that she won't get even a scratch.

"I can't let her take the pain, at least for sometime, let her not feel what she felt. I want to protect her, my younger self. She didn't deserve it. She is so young and scared. She doesn't know what has happened. She is innocent." Y/n kept saying that in her mind. Hugging her tighter as she felt piercing pain through her body.

But suddenly the pain disappeared. Y/n looked up to see herself and younger Y/n in the middle of that hurricane, in the eye of it. The hurricane was surrounding them as the eye was quiet.

"What the.." Y/n trailed off. She was confused. She looked at her body to see no scar from the strong winds.
"Eonnie, what is happening?" Young Y/n asked.

"I don't even know." Y/n said. She then held the arms of her younger self. Something struck her...

"Hey, you might not know me or remember me, but I want to tell you that whatever people say it was not our fault. You never know what happened, nothing was in our hands. You will have a new life, but trust yourself, you are strong and a big girl. You'll go through a lot, but you could cross through them. You know, no matter where your mom and dad will be, they will love you to their fullest and look after you and will not blame you for anything.