𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:NOT A CURE

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:
NOT A CURE

WAS SHE NERVOUS? OF COURSE she was. She was nervous, she was terrified, her stomach was churning and the desire to be put to sleep was so strong she was tempted to just knock herself out. She didn't do well around people with such power as Annabella's. The dark haired woman laid on the table, hands clenched into fists and trying her best to relax just as Annabella had instructed her too, but it was hard to relax when the thought of the demon inside coming out at anytime and biting someone's head off.

She  laid there, glancing towards Natasha who had refused to leave her alone. It wasn't that she didn't trust Rosalynn or Annabella, she just knew that Willow needed her there. She could see it one the woman's face, the desperation of wanting to be able to hold Natasha's hand knowing that this was her last chance at possibly having control over her life. That single thought scared Natasha. Knowing that there was going to be no other way to save Willow, something inside her churned in discomfort and disgust. Was she too scared that Willow wasn't going to be able to have a normal life, or was she too scared to lose Willow all together?

Natasha quickly shook the thought off, crossing her arms over her chest and straightening her posture as if she were ready to fight anything that came through the door. The thought of Natasha caring for someone again made her clench her jaw. The last time she cared for someone that deeply, she had ended up getting hurt. More than she'd like to admit. He had been her mission, she was supposed to kill him, but then he had wormed his way into the Black Widow's heart and he made her vulnerable. Just as she had made him vulnerable.

Alexander Grant had been Natasha Romanoff's first lover. He was the one that had turned her from the cold hard killer that she used to be. Clint Barton might have gave her a second chance, but Alec had given Natasha more than that. He had given her someone to love and care for, he had made her feel human emotions once again, and for that she would be forever grateful for. She hadn't seen him in so long, the last time they saw each other they discovered that his little sister who was supposed to be dead, was in fact not dead. She couldn't help but wonder if he'd found her. Aurora Grant had been her name, and the last Natasha had seen her was when she had just barely been a teenager.

It had been hard for her, and though it's been years since they broke up―︎not that they had ever officially declared themselves a couple―︎it still stung just a little. She didn't want to go through that again. She was Natasha Romanoff. She wasn't supposed to feel anything for anyone. Yet, as she watched Willow squirm under the eyes of Annabella who was starting to do the spell, something inside her was demanding her to protect Willow, to make sure she could live a life. Because the thought of ever losing the woman was starting to become so unbearable the red head couldn't stand it.

Willow turned her gaze away from Natasha, her eyes finding the ceiling of the lab once more and she forced herself to close her eyes. Magic always freaked her out, and though she was starting to get used to being around magic, when she saw the golden band wrap around her body she decided that she wasn't ready for that yet. She could hear Annabella mumbling foreign words to herself, could practically feel the movements of her arms. Willow pressed her lips together, forcing her nerves to calm down. So many thoughts were running through Willow's head, and all she could think was that she wasn't going to have a chance to live the life that she wanted. No matter what the outcome was. She left without a cure she had to stay under S.H.I.E.L.D.'s watch, she left with a cure she had to stay under S.H.I.E.L.D.'s watch until they were sure that it worked.

     "You weren't lying when you said there was an alien living inside of her." Annabella mumbled, making a hand movement that allowed the golden band to disappear from around Willow's body. Willow opened one eye, realized it was over, and then opened both eyes and allowed herself to sit up as she waited for what the sorceress had to say. "Not really sure what planet it's from, but it's definitely alien and definitely shape shifts. However, even without knowing what specific kind of species it is, I think we can figure something out."

     Willow's mouth fell open slightly whilst Natasha's arms fell to her sides as she took a couple steps closer so that she could hear better. Willow looked at the redheaded sorceress, her eyes wide. "What?" She was surprised. She knew that it was a possibility, but she wasn't expecting it nonetheless. "There's a. . . I mean, you might know how to find a cure? Are you sure?" Willow watched as the woman shook her head slightly, and suddenly all of her hope diminished before listening to the woman's words.

     "Not a cure exactly." Annabella hummed for a moment before reaching up and grabbing a necklace that was around her neck, revealing a gorgeous red gem in the middle of it. She unclasped the necklace, holding it in her hand, rubbing her thumb over the gem for a moment as a sad smile fell on her face. "I do not think there is an actual cure, but I do think that there may be a way to control when the alien comes and goes. Seeing as Rosalynn already has a few vials of your blood, it shouldn't be too complicated."

     Willow cocked her head. "What do you mean?"

     "What exactly are you planning to do?" Natasha spoke up, nodding her head slightly.

     Annabella turned her head to look at the assassin. "Well, I plan to use this necklace to control the alien. How exactly, I'm not sure yet." She looked back towards Willow, offering her a small reassuring smile. "I'm sure it's something that a little bit of magic can solve." And without another word Willow was dismissed with Natasha was following after her.

" And without another word Willow was dismissed with Natasha was following after her