𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

She always had to color in the lines. That's something that would always bother her. Whenever she colored outside the lines, she would take the copy of the coloring page she had printed, and would start all over again. She needed it to be perfect, something her parents had always thought odd. She was only six years old, and most six-year-olds didn't care about coloring outside of the lines, in fact it seemed like they strived to do so. But not Willow.

After an incident that had happened to the girl when she was four, there has always been something different about Willow. And her parents knew this. Of course they did. They were the reason that the accident had taken place in the first place. They knew that their little girl was smart, and they knew that she had always been curious, that's why they would always locked everything up before going to be, scared that their daughter would get into their things simply because she wanted to help. Willow always wanted to help.

It had been so late, reaching four a.m. and the parents were absolutely exhausted. Working and studying all night long on something that had been brought to them, that when they had finally called it quits for the night, it had completely slipped their mind to lock the door. Leaving their studies, their work, all of it was exposed to the hands of the four year old who never slept all through the night. She got up, wandering into their lab and giggling as she got a hold of a key.

They knew that they had been too late, they couldn't have stopped it from happening, because by the time they had made it to the lab door, their screams fell on deaf ears, watching as her tiny hand reached out to the dark object and touch it. They had watched in horror as the alien object injected itself in her skin, crawling up her body, attaching itself to her. They had watched her body become completely covered with black veins before it faded and Willow turned to look at her parents as an amused giggle fell from her lips, the word again falling from her mouth.

They had tried so hard to study her, not having the guts to poke and prod their little girl with needles or equipment, even though they knew that she would probably enjoy the machines that she knew nothing about. They wouldn't let their daughter become an experiment, they refused to do so. And because they knew that there were so many bad people out there in the world, they knew that as soon as what had happened to Willow got out, everyone would want to experiment, to test on her, and they wouldn't have that.

So they packed everything up, and they were quick to move their daughter far from their hometown, settling in a small suburban town in hopes of no one ever finding their location. Suddenly, their goal was no longer focused on their work, their interest was no longer on alien object, their goal and interests was their daughter and their daughter alone. And they just had to hope that that was enough. Because they had no clue what was to become of their daughter, but they knew that they wanted to be the ones to experience it first hand, and that was their mistake. That was the mistake that got Abigail and Jonathan Michaels killed. That was the mistake that turned Willow into a killer, and someone that couldn't control what it was that was inside of her.