𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE:NAME HER AFTER ME

NAME HER AFTER ME

WILLOW FOLLOWED THEODORA DOWN THE many hallways, listening closely as Theodora talked on how she and Natasha had first met. Theodora had been there way longer than most, joining way before Natasha had but a few years after Clint. Listening to the way she described the love she felt for her husband almost made Willow envy her. To experience such a great love as Theodora has would be a dream come true to Willow. Maybe Natasha would make that dream come true, but she wasn't counting on it.

As they made the final turn, the sound of voices could be heard echoing from the kitchen. The duo found themselves coming to a silent stop, standing there and watching the interaction between Natasha and Oliver take place. Willow focused on the small brunette boy, a bowl of fruit sat by his left hand with his tablet in the other hand. A laugh escaped his lips as Natasha snatched one of his berries, smiling down at him as she muttered something to him that they couldn't quite hear. The giggle that escaped his lips made a wide smile bloom onto his mother's face.

Natasha brushed some hair out of Oliver's face, staring at him with an almost sadness in her eyes as she watched him eat his fruit and watch the cartoon on his tablet. Ever since Theodora had allowed her to hold Avery when she was first born, her love for children blossomed. And though becoming a mother was never going to be an option for her, she didn't mind being the aunt that all of her best friend's children admired. Feeling eyes staring at her, Natasha finally turned her head, meeting Willow's eyes.

Willow gave her a small smile before glancing at Theodora who was staring at her son with so much love in her eyes it almost made Willow sick. Oliver stuffed a slice of banana messily into his mouth, his eyes briefly glancing up before going back to his tablet, looking up once again and catching sight of his mother. Immediately his attention changed from his tablet to his mother. A wide smile sprouted on the five year old's face as he dropped the tablet to the table, completely disregarding the left over fruit that sat in the paper bowl.

"Mommy!" Oliver jumped down from the stool, almost tripping over himself in the process as he quickly ran towards her. His arms flailed wildly as he ran towards Theodora like he hadn't seen her an hour ago. When he reached her he jumped and Theodora didn't hesitate to throw out her arms and catch him, bringing her son to her side, pressing kisses to his face making him giggle once again, causing the mother to smile widely. "I missed you mommy." He leaned his face into the crook of her neck and Theodora squeezed him.

"You just saw me." She chuckled. She watched as Natasha made her way over towards the two. "I'm going to be really sad when he grows out of this phase." Theodora softly sighed. "Avery grew out of it really fast, so hopefully this one lasts a little longer."

"Hey, if all comes worse, you could just have another kid." Natasha joked, smirking slightly. "And you can name her after me." Theodora rolled her eyes and Willow just smirked slightly in amusement, shaking her head.

"It's getting late. I should take him home." Theodora softly spoke and then they could hear Oliver's soft breaths, letting them know that he was asleep.

"Bring him back sometime." Natasha whispered.

"Too bad I didn't get to formally meet him." Willow mumbled. "Maybe next time." Natasha had walked over to the kitchen counter, reaching over and grabbing the boy's forgotten tablet. She walked back over to the two brunettes, handing the tablet to Theodora who took it with her hand that was supporting her sleeping child. She silently thanked Natasha before giving the both of them a good bye, adjusting Oliver on her hips as she started to walk away, heading back towards her home where the other two members of her family were waiting for her.

"He's a cute kid." Willow commented, turning away from the door in order to look at Natasha.

Natasha stared after Theodora and Oliver, a sad smile pulling at the corner of her lips as she nodded her head. "Yes, he is. He's growing up quickly though." She looked down at her feet for a moment and glanced over towards Willow when she could feel their fingers interlace. She squeezed Willow's hand slightly.

"Theodora told me." Willow softly spoke, careful on how she spoke. "About what they did to you in the Red Room."

Natasha scoffed in disgusts. "Which part? There's a lot that place did to me."

"The involuntary hysterectomy." Willow answered her. "I'm sorry that you had to go through that."

Natasha shrugged her shoulders, trying to ignore the lump that formed in her throat. "It was the final step in becoming the true assassin they wanted me to be. One less thing to distract me. The thing that could possibly be more important than a mission." She couldn't look at Willow, disgust completely taking over her. Her jaw was clenched as she thought about it. The right to ever have a family was taken from her and that was something she'd always regret.

"Natasha." Willow whispered her name, reaching out a hand and lifting Natasha's chin, making the redhead look up at her. She didn't say anything else, but something told her that in this moment Natasha needed a moment of comfort and though Willow wasn't really good at all of that yet, the best thing that she knew to do was to place a gentle and delicate kiss onto her lips, one that told her it wasn't her fault and that she understood. Because even though Natasha saw herself as a monster for not being able to have kids of her own, Willow didn't. And she needed Natasha to know that.

Willow pulled away and softly reminded her, "You're not a monster, Natasha." All Natasha could do was nod in response.

" All Natasha could do was nod in response