𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

CHAPTER TWENTY:TOOK A BULLET FOR YOU

CHAPTER TWENTY:
TOOK A BULLET FOR YOU

WILLOW FELT GUILT COARSE THROUGH her veins, fear filling her body as she thought about the damage she could've done to Natasha. The brunette had her arms crossed over her chest, Avery was walking in front of her with Willow following after her. She hated the fact that she had hurt even more people, especially someone that she cared about. Her nails were digging into her palms as she grew closer and closer to Natasha's room, terrified of what she was going to think of her.

Avery glanced back towards Willow, offering her a gentle smile as she stepped forwards but before she could knock, Willow grabbed her wrist. Avery stopped, a frown on her face as she turned to look at her. Willow wasn't looking at her, instead her eyes were focused on Natasha who was sitting up in the bed, chatting with the doctor as he checked the bullet wound, Natasha just casually waving him off with her infamous smirk that always seemed to appear on her lips whenever she spoke. Avery rose an eyebrow as she watched Willow stare at the redhead assassin.

Avery let a low whistle leave her lips, placing her hands on her hips as she looked at Natasha before looking over at Willow. "Will, has anyone told you how truly head over heels you are for the hard ass Russian assassin that just took a bullet for you―︎or rather from you?" Avery asked, a sarcastic smile on her face as Willow turned her head to look at her with her eyes narrowed into slits. Avery sighed, nodding her head. "Too soon?" Willow didn't answer and instead looked back towards Natasha whilst Avery just shrugged.

They watched the doctor walk out, greeting him as he left. And yet, Willow continued to stand there as Natasha ripped her IV out with the roll of her eyes. Avery hummed, hands held in front of her, fingers interlaced. She cleared her throat. "Hey, Will?" Willow hummed in response. "You know, in order to, I don't know, communicate, you have to actually use your feet to walk over to her." Willow nodded. Avery stood there for a moment, sighing as she shook her head. "Jesus Christ, get a grip, Willow. I can't stand here all day, I have a boyfriend that's very impatiently waiting on me to heal his wounds from a fight he got into last night."

"Have some heart, Avery. I shot her." Willow muttered. "What if she hates me?"

Avery scoffed. "Please, if Natasha Romanoff hated you, you would know that Natasha Romanoff hated you." Avery looked at Willow before sighing as she nodded. "Alright, look Willow, she doesn't hate you. You couldn't control what happened, okay? She isn't going to be mad at you for something you couldn't control. Plus, she's been shot in worse places and survived. Hell, I'm pretty sure she was shot in the heart and still survived. That's why she's so heartless." She hissed the last word.

Willow turned her head to look at Avery, cocking an eyebrow. "Mhm, alright, I think you have a boyfriend that's waiting for you to heal his wounds." Avery looked at her before nodding her head, mumbling a small bye. Willow watched her go, shaking her head. "She really needs to work out her issues with her father." Turning away from the direction the rage-filled teenager went, she looked back towards Natasha and felt her heart skip a beat in fear and guilt. Taking a deep breath, she knocked.

Natasha looked up, a hand rubbing her arm where her IV once used to be. When she caught sight of Willow, a small smile pulled at her lips. "I was wondering where you were." She moved her legs over to the side of the bed, ignoring the pain that shot up her side from the gun shot wound. Willow carefully made her way towards her, coming to a sudden stop. Natasha frowned at this. "Hey, you alright over there?" Willow didn't answer her and immediately Natasha knew what was wrong. "Oh, Willow, tell me you are not blaming yourself."

Willow looked at her, clenching her jaw slightly. "Natasha, I shot you." Her voice was small as she spoke. "We were just talking and then I turned and shot you. A bullet entered your body and you almost bled out in the middle of the floor. So tell me how in the holy hell am I not supposed to blame myself." She didn't want to cry, because she loathed crying and she'd done it so much since she'd gotten here. But every time she thought about all of those people she hurt, those people she killed, it made her heart shatter in her chest.

"We've been over this," Natasha started.

"I know, I know, I had no control. Natasha, that doesn't make me feel any better. In fact, it makes me feel worse because I have no control of my life. I have no control over myself and who I am. I feel absolutely helpless, hopeless, and I just want to have some fucking control over something." Willow ranted. She hadn't realized Natasha had stood up and made her way over to her. "I am always going to be this human that has the devil trapped inside of her.

"Willow, look at me." Natasha grabbed her hand, causing Willow to look at her with frustrated tears. "We're figuring it out. We're almost there."

"Are we?" Willow asked. "Are we almost there?"

"I'd like to believe so."

Willow shook her head. "What if we aren't?"

"Then that's okay."

"How is that okay?"

Natasha looked at her and shrugged. "I'd run with you either way."

Willow looked at her, meeting her eyes and her mouth was parted slightly in surprise. Was this really happening? Did Natasha really just confess that she'd run away with her if it came down to it? "You would?"

Natasha smirked. "Of course I would. What else would I do?"

"Hopefully this." Willow replied before placing a hand on her cheek and pressing her lips against Natasha's. Much to her relief, she kissed her back.

 Much to her relief, she kissed her back