Chapter 8

I wake up on the medbay expecting to hear shouting, but I only hear silence. I look around me and the room is black, I hear snoring and I know everyone is asleep. I creep out of the room and I see the observation deck, I hack the door controls and silently go into the room.

It is so peaceful in here, at least until EDI talks to me. "Ashley why are you in here?"

"I'm trying to relax EDI, I am just thinking."

"About what Miss Shepard?" I don't try to explain that I don't want to be called that.

"I just don't think people want me here, that I don't belong here. That I'm not wanted anymore, that I'm useless."

"I do not think that the commander thinks that, streaming video."

I see the commander crying and sipping wine from a bottle, "It's my fault she got hurt," she slurs.

"I need to make sure she isn't hurt, I should not choose her anymore. I can't stand seeing any of my men hurt," she says still slurring.

I quickly run out of the room and up to her cabin.

"Shepard, listen to me." She stands up while she wobbles, "No..."

I bravely walk over to her and slap her hard, using my biotics to amplify it.

She sobers up immediately, "WHAT THE HELL?!"

"You were drunk and I needed to talk to you, sorry."

The anger left her eyes and she was about to speak when a light flashed on her terminal, "Sorry Ashley, I have to take this."

"I'll talk to you later Shepard, I'm going to be down in engineering if you need me."

I take the elevator down and I find Jack in a dark corner, "Hey Power, I thought you weren't supposed to wake up for two weeks."

"Power?"

"What, the name Ashley doesn't suit you. You're powerful so I thought Power would be better, so Power what brings you down here.

I smile, her built up walls might be hard to get past but if you do then she actually is a completely different person.

"Well I thought you would like to be the first to know that I just slapped a drunk Shepard, sobering her and not getting punished." She stares at me.

"Are you serious?" I nod my head and she laughs, i start to laugh and soon I can barely breath.

"I hear we're going to a planet where the sun can kill you, sounds fun."

We both start laughing again, the second we hear footsteps I fade into the shadows and so does Jack. I see the Cerberus cheerleader walk right in between us, I glare at her. I hate her, she is rude and only thinks of herself.

She walks away and I stand up, "I have to go Jack, see ya."

I walk out and I see that no one is around, I shrug my shoulders. I head to my cabin and drift off to sleep.

T

(Memory)

I am sitting next to my best friend Kaiden on the swings as we wait for our parents to pick us up.

"You know Ashley you don't look like an Ashley."

"Why?"

"Well your red hair and green eyes make you look like a Kathryn, Kathryn Shepard. The most famous hero in the galaxy, saving the universe three times over."

I stare at him, "You sound like a story tell Kaiden, and I like my name."

"I know you do Ash, I just, oh my dads here. See you tomorrow." I sigh, looks like I'm walking home again.

I walk back slowly to my house, ever since mom left I've been invisible to my family. She went to Mars, I wanted to go with her but I'm ten. I head straight up to my room and pull out my drawings. My drawings are odd really, I drew a women with black hair being held by a fish, bird, dinosaur thing. Both of them with love in their eyes, I don't let my family see any of my drawings.

I also drew some human like aliens that are fighting these robots, and they're loosing. I drew that same fish, dinosaur bird alien holding some type of sniper rifle. A blue and purple human like alien casting blue light. These insect like aliens with wings, floating pods, and lots of bugs.

My biggest one I'm still working on, it is something I know the name of. I'm calling it a Reaper, it is followed by thousand of other Reapers. Around it is the broken parts if ships and burning planets.

"WHAT ARE YOU DRAWING?!?!" I hear y sister shout. "Nothing, get out!"

I scream. I quickly hide my drawings in my secret room and I pull out my flower drawings. "She is only drawing flowers Julia, stop being over dramatic."

She glares at me, and whispers, "I hope your drawings burn."

She isn't a nice sister, but I love her anyway. I decide that I need to read some poems I wrote.

"I am under water

I can't breath

I'm drowning

Drowning

Drowning

Someone save me

Save me from the darkness that is below

From the unknown and dangerous

The treacherous and deadly

Pull me to the surface

Where there is light and warmth

Where my loved ones are

Where you are

Save me from the ocean of worries

Doubts

Fears and death

Carry me into the warmth of the air

the soft grass at the edge of the sand

To my family to you

To you, my one and only love

The only one that matters

Is you

Save me from the ocean and bring me to you

To you my love

To you"

I whisper the whole poem as I drift off to sleep. Save me Kaiden, save me from the fears I have, bring me to you, to you.

************************************Sorry if the chapter was sucky, I got writers block. The next update after this will be on 2/2/13, so this Saturday.