Chapter 14

/Ashley\

When I wake up the hospital room is dark, my necklace is on my neck and my gear is on the table in front of me. Everything is quite, to quiet. I remember everything, especially Commander Shepard abandoning me.

I'm not mad though, well not really. I found out useful information out of it but I forgot everything, so it's a win-lose situation. I look out the window that is next to me and I light up the glass, to make it glow blue.

Doctors rush in and see me awake, when I turn to them there is a grey outline. I don't want to but I am mentally scrolling through everything about them.

"Can you see me?" One doctor asks me.

"Yes, I think to well."

I see that he decided to leave STG task force after working on the genophage, working with Mordin.

"That is excellent news, your friend made a perfect recovery and will want to see you." Rose is ok!

"Your eyesight was a concern but it seems ok, but your leg..... You will need a brace on it."

"Can I still fight?" I need to be able to or I'm useless.

"Yes, but not for a long time." I guess that will do. I try to stand but when I do my knees wobble and shake.

"Be careful, you have not walked for two weeks."

"Two weeks?!" I yell at him as I sit down.

"Yes, two weeks." I let it sink in. Before that happens though, at least ten people burst through the door.

"Ashley!" At least ten people yell. I am caught in a giant group hug. When I look at everyone I can see their weaknesses, history, choices. It is seriously creeping me out, it's like I can see what makes up the person.

"Can you see us?"

"I can, a little to well I think." They laugh and I laugh with them. As we laugh I think of my frozen friends, I stop laughing. The doctors are only letting two people at a time see me, Jack and Tali visit me first.

"Ashley I am so sorry-" I interrupt Jack.

"Jack it's ok, I'm not mad at you or at Shepard. I trust you more than her anyway. What happened after....."

"Well the crew got kidnapped, and we saved them. We destroyed the Collector base and we all lived," she tells me. I hug them and they leave, letting Shepard and Garrus come in.

Before Shepard can speak I pull her into a tight hug, "I'm not mad at you Shepard."

"Thank god, Ashley you can not believe how afraid I was when I saw that gun to your head.

"Shepard....." I don't know how to tell her that I can see every weakness about her, every power she has, every thing she has done in her life.

"Ashley what is it?"

"Looks like you have to leave, bye Shepard, bye Garrus." I use my biotics to gently push them out the door.

I drift off into sleep as my new life sinks in, I can't believe I ever joined Cerberus.

The next day Rose visits me, "Ash guess what?" As I look at her I see Shepard asking her to join her crew.

"Shepard asked you to join her crew?"

"Ya, how'd you know?"

I don't want to lie but I'm afraid that she'll call me a freak.

"Just a hunch." After we talk we go get lunch and continue talking. I see her glancing over at Kaiden, who is on shore leave.