A place called home

Eren woke to the jostling van. He lifted his tired head. The teen had never known a full night's sleep. He peered out at the gloomy dark world around him. Tall wooden things were poking up from the ground. They surrounded the van as the once smooth road, now made the vehicle bounce over it.

"Are those... trees?" Eren asked pointing to the tall green things.

"Yes, pine trees to be exact." Levi smirked. "You're telling me you never saw trees before?" he asked. Eren turned to look at him.

"We weren't allowed books, or to read. I never got to look out a window. Until you came and walked me out of that place, I never saw the outside." Eren stated. Levi took his eyes from the road to briefly gape at the teen.

"My god." He growled.

"Look out!" Eren yelled. Levi hit the breaks stopping the van just before hitting a dear. The animal looked at the van then ran off into the woods. Eren gasped.

"What was that?" he asked.

"A fucking dear." Levi snarled.

"Why are they called fucking dear?" Eren asked wide eyes.

"They aren't, they are just called dear!" Levi hissed continuing up the rutted dirt road. Eren looked over at him, a smile touched his lips as he studied the handsome detective.

"What? Stop staring!" Levi growled.

"I like the way you look." Eren stated innocently. Levi smirked.

"Is that so?" he asked peering at him out of the side of his eye. Eren chuckled. To Levi it was the sweetest sound in the world.

The road they were on opened up into a clearing. Eren sat up further as the building came into view. It was beautiful. The trees made a cabin. It was stained golden brown color, hints of red highlighted by the sun in the grains. The sunlight danced off of the window glass. Steps led from the ground up to a porch with a railing around it. Birds, and other animals were carved out of wood in the railing surrounding the porch.

"Armin..." Eren couldn't take his eyes off of the sight before him as he reached back to shake his friends knee. "... are you seeing this?" He asked.

"What is it?" Armin leaned forward.

"It looks like heaven." Another voice whispered.

"Just like the fairy tales mama described."

"Is it a castle?" Levi smiled at the innocent voices.

"It's a log cabin. I built it." Levi muttered flattered by their awe.

"It's amazing." Eren whispered.

"Glad you like it, because it's your new home." Levi stated. "Welcome to Wall Maria." He grinned as he shut the engine off. He climbed from the truck. Eren slipped out of his side. The ambulance pulled in behind them. He blinked torn between looking at their new home and checking in on his pack mate. The safety of his pack came first. He spun to march towards the ambulance. Armin climbed out.

"Round them up, wait for me." Eren ordered.

Hange opened the back of the ambulance. They met Eren's eyes. "He is still alive. I have him sedated for now. I need to get him to an operating room and get the bullet out." They stated.

"Moblit drive around to the back. The basement is set up for Hange." Levi called. The doctor jumped back into the ambulance. Eren pulled his pack out of the way. They watched solemnly as the huge vehicle circled the cabin.

"He's in the best hands he can be, I promise you." Levi whispered as he placed a hand to Eren's shoulder. "Come on, let me show you your new home." Eren turned to follow the Alpha into the house.