𝟎𝟒 | CONVINCED

MIRABEL was shocked. "okay, i'm gonna start things off by saying this: you have an amazing voice." she says. the girl grinned. but that grin wouldn't last long to what Mirabel was about to say.

"but there had to be a reason why you made that song. and i think i know." she says. the girl only chuckles. "that i can handle anything? heh, yeah i know!" she says and looked at her nails.

"no." Mirabel says, "you're putting up this act to make everyone think you're brave but really you're just scared.." the girl froze.

* BACK AT THE CASITA *

Camilo stayed in his room, still looking at the anklet in his hand. he rubbed it and sighed. someone knocked on his door. he didn't care. he was too busy thinking about her.

Dolores walked in and saw him looking at the anklet. "they're here.." she softly said. he got up from his place and walked towards the door. Pepa stood on the side dusting him off.

"don't worry." Dolores whispers. "Mirabel will bring her back, mi vida!" Pepa told her son. he sighed. "i hope so.." he says. Pepa and Dolores hated the fact he was so upset and hated being in something he didn't even wanna be in at the moment.

Camilo stood on the side as he was slowly being called down by his Abuela. "there he is, my nieto!" she says. he walked down the stairs and the family was shocked. more importantly, the girl that he was gonna marry was stunned.

she fell in love the first minute he first walked down. he made his way down. "Camilo, say hello to your new fiancé, Azalea Garcia." Abuela introduced. Azalea smiled at him.

"pleased to meet you, Camilo!" she cheerfully says. he softly smiles. "you too, princesa." he said and twirled her softly. she giggled. Dolores looked down in disgust. 'someone would've been a better fit for him.' she thought.

* BACK TO MIRABEL AND THE PRINCESS *

"scared? pfft. i'm not scared. i can over come anything!" the girl says. Mirabel walked up on the stairs towards her. "yes you are. you're scared. you're just hiding it..what's bothering you?" Mirabel tries to talk her into telling her.

she groaned and got up. "it's nothing. i'm not scared of anything." she says and walked over to dying roses. "is it because the death of your parents?" Mirabel asked. she sulked and hated it when they talked about her parents' death.

she didn't touch the flower. she sighed. "it is.." Mirabel slowly walked closer to her, not wanting to make her mad. "it's not that...i'm afraid to face...him.." she spoke.

Mirabel's eyes widened. "a long time ago, my parents' both were under control of a man called 'Dark Light'. he was so mean and even told them to never let me out. and when i did, i would sneak out. he called all three of us into the same room as him. don't get me wrong, i was brave and fierce enough to get away from him! but it all went away as soon as he forced me to make eye contact with him. i was scared but i ad to act tough in front of my parents'. it was more of a staring contest. i backed out and felt weak. i hate that feeling." she explained.

"but then again, my parents' always would convince me that i was brave and fierce but if i hadn't been so weak, i wouldn't be here. once he heard that my parents' died, he kept me underneath his ground. and i didn't see the Madrigal family since. he did let them leave whenever they wanted to see your family. but he changed ever since they died. and he's been that was for 11 years. i'm 15 now." she told.

she turned to face Mirabel. "i would love to go with you Mirabel, but i can't.." Mirabel was shocked when she knew her name. she knew everyone of her family. "and when your Tío Bruno came around, i thought i'd help him out by letting him stay here. he's safer here." she explained.

"then, you just have to break the rules a little." Mirabel said. the girl looked up at her in confusion. "get up, disobey him. you can do this. and if he comes your way, we'll help you out!" Mirabel says. she looked down and thought about it. she looked at Mirabel in the eye once more and nodded.

"but what are we gonna do about Bruno? he can't stay here by himself!" she shrieked. Mirabel smiled. "leave it to me." she says. the girl totally trusted her this one time.

"oh and my name. it's (Y/N). (Y/N) Diaz!" she says as Mirabel was in shock. Mirabel just grinned and nodded. Alyssa for once trusted someone her age. not that she didn't trust Bruno. she did trust him. she was just scared about him staying here alone.

she sat back down in her throne and waited for Mirabel. she sighed and was hesitant about this. but not only she was doing it for Mirabel. she was doing it for Camilo.