Chapter 1 -Ginger Blossom-

Happy Valentine's guys, Hope you like💕

Golden morning sun flowed through the windows of Shouto Todoroki's small apartment, warming the boy's cheeks as he sat, basking, at his kitchen counter, drinking iced coffee.

Today, instead of his usual rush out the door, Shouto had woken up early, giving himself an extra hour to dawdle around before work, a lovely treat.

"Shouto dear, have you seen my blue cardigan?" His mother, Rei, called, poking her head out her bedroom door.

"I washed it," He responded, nudging his shoulder toward the laundry closet.

"Thank you, sweetie."

She'd been living with her son for four years now, and the two actually owned a small business together. After divorcing his father, she needed a place to live while finances got sorted out and things had ended up working out for them both.

Rei loved flowers, and in the rough years, flowers had become a hopeful symbol for both her and her children. And while looking for a stable job, the two stumbled upon the perfect opportunity to start their own florists.

Dropping the nostalgia, Shouto wandered over to the laundry closet to see if Rei needed any help. It turned out she did, but everything was alright, and soon, the two settled down for a quiet egg breakfast. Neither of them was particularly good cooks, but today Shouto had managed to prepare some pretty decent cheesy omelets laced with the perfect amount of pepper.

This morning was perfectly quiet, to the point that even their cat, Mr. Wiggles, agreed, meowing loudly to fix the serenity. Thankfully though, she stopped when a piece of egg was dropped for her.

Mr. Wiggles was a new member of the small family, found hiding in a flower delivery five months earlier. She quickly made herself a part of the family, showing her vibrant true colors.

Giving the greedy cat scratchies, he cleared his breakfast plate. Out the corner of his eye, the glowing oven clock reminded him that the tranquil morning was coming to an end. Softly sighing, Shouto put a coffee pod in the thingy so he'd have his usual coffee for work. It was a personal ritual that, over the years, he couldn't live without.

As usual, he would leave before his mom to open up shop. She took extra morning time to relax and tend to the house, and it provided each of them with a reasonable yet productive separation. Rei's therapist recommended and encouraged this calm space for the two to feel independent without the risk of either of their well-being.

Putting a teacup and green tea packet on the counter for Rei, he snagged his travel coffee off the machine and kicked on his shoes.

"Bye, Maman, see you soon." He murmured, slinging his messenger bag over his shoulder, unlocking the front door.

"Bye, angel, I'll come down around ten, 'kay?" Popping 'round the corner, her kind gray eyes shimmering in the morning light.

"Okay. I put out your favorite tea and your bird mug. Careful with the water Maman."

"I know," Pecking her baby's cheek, she sent him on his way, Mr. Wiggles meowing a goodbye too, twining herself around Rei's legs.

With one last little wave, he was out the door.

A cool breeze pushed through the complex, the sights, sounds, and sense of the city flushing his face, finally waking him up.

The fresh air washed his lungs with a rush of clean breath. The springtime was always beautiful in the city. Especially as it was 'going green' sidewalks, rooftops, windowsills, and balconies dripped in lush greenery. Flowers adorned the morning's breeze, kissing the wind with the beautiful essence of spring.