Chapter 17 -Lunch-

This is the cat I asked y'all about some time ago and his name is Turkey :)

Midoriya had lost track of time sweeping sugary crumbs into neat little piles. That, of course wasn't the plan, but one of those thing that just happen get away from you at the wrong time.

Especially since the next thing he knew, someone was timidly tapping on his shoulder.

Whipping around at godspeed, he nearly dropped the broom in doing so.

Of course, this sudden movement startled the poor man standing behind him, waiting sweetly.

"Oh, fuck, hi," he brushed a lock of curly hair out of his eyes in surprise. "Hi Shouto, oh my god, I am so sorry, time just, just got way away from me," Leaning the broom against the countertop, he quickly untied his apron, folding it up as fast as he could.

"Oh, no, no, it's fine, it's my bad I was early," he insisted.

"Mes amies, there is no fault," a blond announced in a thick French accent, snatching up the broom and apron so they would just get on with this date. "Now shoo, I'll do the... ehm...brooming," he volunteered, never remembering the word for 'sweep'.

"Oh, thanks Aoyama," trying to hide his saturated blush in a smile, as he was able tell the blond was fully invested in their potentially budding relationship.

"Now, shoo, shoo!" Batting at their feet with the broom Yuga, basically kicked them out, giving Mrs. Midoriya a laugh from behind the cash register.

"Alright, alright, we'll be back soon." Taking the taller boy's hand, he instigated their exit, both trying to hide bashful smiles on the way out.

Outside, the day was lovely. The sun shone optimistically through springly green trees. Neither were able to offer words for the first minutes of the walk, though the comments lingered at the tips of each tongue, fretting to break the silence.

"Oh, gosh, sorry, I, I, just remembered, I didn't tell you where we're going," Todoroki finally flustered, tightening his grip on the satchel strap crossing his chest.

"Oh, no, no, it's alright, I forgot to ask," he smiled brightly, briefly loosening that weird flirty persona he'd been sporting.

"One of my friends suggested a place nearby, Fresh,"

"Yeah, yeah, I've been it's nice, good food," he admitted, thinking about that delicious sandwich he'd gotten last time.

Soon, they arrived at the restaurant, luckily seated despite the bustling lunch rush and no reservation. A quiet table in-front of the window, almost perfectly secluded from the hustle-bustle of the rest of that room, lovely for a lunch-date.

The two barely glanced at their menus before ordering, finding a bit of small talk to occupy the time.

The food arrived quickly and was absolutely delicious. For Shouto, a strawberry balsamic salad and for Izuku, the special, beet and goat cheese pasta. They took a moment to eat, both rather pleased with their choices.

It was quiet for a moment, before the grenette spoke up.

"We decided this was a date right? I forget where we landed on it?" Izuku asked, staring quizzically into his drink, sweet tea.

"Um, I don't recall... I think, yes?"

"Ah,"

A pause hung between the two, each wondering  where the conversation was supposed go from there.

"So... are you gay?"

Shouto froze, choking on a bite of salad, considering whether or not it was a good idea to admit, completely forgetting yesterday.

"Shit, sorry, that was rude, that was a rude, weird, question,"

"It's fine, but yeah, I'm..." he trailed off, almost hesitant to say it out loud. "Is that awkward?"

"No! Not at all, I'm bi, bisexual, a-" Midoriya stopped himself, blowing out a breath through a clumsy smirk. "I guess I was asking, uh, 'cause, well, I, I wondering if I had a, any chance with you?"

He shrugged, glancing at the flustering mess sitting across the table. Actually his date looked fairly chill, but the blush painting his cheeks and ears, and his near choking on his salad gave him right away.

"Oh, w-, wh, um, yeah?" Taking a gulp of water he shifted nervously in his seat, mismatched eyes falling to a forkful of his meal.

"If you're interested of course," the barista fixed, almost too casually.

"Um, yeah, yeah, I'd li- I'd, I'd, love that," Shouto stumbled through the whole sentence, barely able to get any words out.

"Me too," laughing softly, a hand reached across the table, gentle fingers brushing a lock of hair away from a shimmering turquoise eye, allowing him a full view of the beautiful blushing face across the table. "You're gorgeous you know, and you're all mine now,"

"O k a y," the florist's voice near cracked, flustered beyond normal as he struggled to maintain the small semblance of eye contact he could bare. :)

——————-
Also, huge thanks @VeganMomoJiro!! ( ˘͈ ˘͈)