Chapter 18 - Like Cream and Sugar

Year late chapter? Why not? Book temporarily resurrected.
(My art, plz don't steal)
—————

For @AppleJuice007, @chaeyox, @Cheese_It_Bar and many more.

Izuku's hand rested gentle, cradled in Shouto's as they strode the length of sidewalk back to their jobs. Their quiet smiles bashful, hesitant, but overjoyed. In their small delights, the cafe was suddenly there, their parting hesitant as cheer.

"I, um, you've got to get back to work don't you?" Shouto didn't seem to notice as his hand tightened around the freckled one, holding him closer.

"Sure do." He half-laughed, awkwardness suddenly stringing through the air.

"I'll miss you."

"I can literally see you through the windows, you know."

"I know, but that's—" he stared across the street, calculations turning like gears in his eyes. "—far."

"You're amazing." Admiration glittered in soft adoring eyes, and he pulled the hand clasping his down, bringing its person with it. Gently bold, his lips pressed soft against the taller boy's as if securing a sudden loose end, the final stroke of the afternoon's painting.

"Oh," Shouto breathed when lips parted, immediately longing to be back to the fitting perch of the other.

"I'll catch you after my shift how 'bout that?" Izuku couldn't help but smile at the way his nonchalance breezed coolly through this boy, plaguing him with deep blush at every turn, stealing words right off those lips.

"Uh... um... I uh..." perfectly mismatched eyes darted around, framed in pink, looking for any fragment of a reply.

"I'll take that as a yes."

Flustered, Todoroki barely had the wherewithal to nod.

"Work... after........ y-yeah."

"Oh bless, you're so cute." With that, his hand slipped from his grasp, light as a rain drop down the window.

His lips were sugar so sweet and soft as pure cream, their perfect taste still lingering on his lips like the last drop of syrupy coffee at the bottom of the cup. Still stunned, he stood for a moment, processing before he could come to his senses and cross the street.

Inside Izuku watched him flushedly fail to collect himself, before almost dreamily crossing the street, a hint of bewilderment in his peppy step. He didn't even have the moment to relish scene before two clawing hands seized his shoulders.

"YOU!" Amber eyes glared into his, stabbing right into his soul as his shoulders were violently shaken.

"Ochako."

"I SAW THAT! JUST WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!" She shouted, shaking him harder.

"Please... stop... shaking....me." He said, interrupted by the jarring force of her excitement.

"Okay, okay, sorry!!" She let up, eyes still piercing into his, dying for the explanation.

"We just went out for lunch." He led, enjoying tormenting her with his relaxed, abbreviated answer. She frowned, so did Aoyama, who had heard the commotion and draped himself over the counter at her side. "Nothing much."

"You are... détourné." Twirling a lock of gold he pouted, glancing up to Uraraka.

"Yeah!! What he said!!" She burst, crossing her arms dramatically, then considered, eyebrows knitting. "Uh, what did you say?"

"Is like... ah, indirect." His explained.

"Alright, alright, take it down guys." The grenette tried, getting two glares in response. "I'll tell you what you want to know just relax, you're going to scare off customers."