$5 for a game?? What a steal!

It was around noon and you were scrolling through your social media like every other day that went by. You were bored. It was the summer break and your parents were at work, like most of the time, but you still loved them very much, so you were left alone along with your cat. Currently, you're sitting on an (R/C) sofa with your cat on your lap. Your cat was bright orange and had brown-ish stripes covering its body. You got up, put on some random white sweatpants along with a light green hoodie, and decided to get outside for a walk. You were about to leave when your cat ran up to your leg and started meowing. Your cat wanted to go outside with you, you didn't care so you took your cat and put it in your hood and it held onto your shoulder and head. You put on your sneakers and left the house.

~ Outside ~

As you were walking, you found a thrift store. You had some money on you from a few days ago so you decided to visit the store. You opened the door. 

Pinggggg-

When you entered the store, the door rang so the owner knew someone had entered. He didn't pay too much attention and went back to arguing with a man.

'I wonder what's that about..'

You looked around the store and found a bunch of random objects, even some weird structures, but you didn't wanna buy anything from what you saw. You found a random keychain that looked like it had a small kitten attached to it and it looked just like your cat so you decided to buy it. You walked up to the register and the owner and the man were still arguing. 

'This is getting so annoying...'

You decided to intervene. 

"Hey! What's going on here?? Your arguing is getting annoying!" You said.

The man that was arguing with the owner turned to you. He had large eye bags as if he was half dead. The owner then talked.

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but this man is trying to sell something that can't be sold to this thrift store." The owner spoke angrily eyeing the man.

'Huh? What does that mean?'

The man with the eye bags started to talk. 

"C-come on man! Give me a break! I'm not even asking for that much!! It's just an anime game!! Can't you give it to your kid??" 

The man was practically yelling like he was really worried about something. Though I didn't pay too much mind to it.

'An anime game?' 

You decided to speak up about this.

"Excuse me, but may I see it? I can buy it from you." You said.

"O-of course! I'll even sell it to you for $5!" The man with eye bags said.

'Damn! 5 dollars!? What a deal!'

"Sure!" You said. You paid him five dollars and he gave you the game.

It read "Demon Slayer: Fanmade Romance Game" "Pick your path and meet your favorite characters" "Be careful with what you do though..."

'Hm, sounds fun! :D'

You came up to the owner and paid for the keychain.

As you left, he said "Thanks! Stay Safe!"

"Yeah, you too!" You said back.

You were walking back home and decided to grab some groceries.

~ After you bought some food and came back home ~

Your parents weren't home yet so you made yourself some (favorite tea) and fed your cat and after went up to your room with your cat still in your hood.

You entered your room and changed into some shorts and a black t-shirt.

You sat down at your desk and your cat sat on your lap, resting.

You opened the game you bought and slid the USB stick the game was on into your laptop and straight off the bat, the game popped up on your screen. You were taken aback by how good it looked and wondered why the man was so desperate to sell this? It was amazing! The graphics, the characters looked just like in the anime, and in the background, you heard a light music box version of "Gurenge". You pressed "New Game" and customized your character to how you looked in real life and customized your haori to a print like a tiger's print. You created your own breathing because you wanted to be unique and called it Tiger Breathing and then you started playing. 

~ 7 hours later ~

It was now around 4 am and you'd been playing for seven hours. You closed your computer too lazy to unplug the USB. You got up and fell on your bed and your cat huddled close to your chest giving you a nice warm sensation.

'Man, I love cats..'

You fell asleep almost right away. 

All of a sudden, you felt a cold sensation coming from outside your body slowly seeping in further and further. Almost like you were a sponge and the cold sensation was ice cold water. You thought it was just the window since you left it open, but you were so tired you didn't care to close it. Plus, you lived on the second floor of your house, so you didn't think much of it.

It now felt like you were falling into an almost empty abyss and it was just you falling. You tried to open your eyes and tried moving but it was useless. It felt like your eyes were sealed shut with super glue and you were paralyzed. You started to get really scared since this felt almost too real and you've never felt something like this in a dream before. 

You were "falling" for about a minute, but you weren't aware of time so it felt like you were falling forever. Until all of a sudden, you felt like your body hit the hard, cold ground. The moment you fell you passed out...

======================================================================

This chapter was probably short. ;-; 

I'll try and make the chapters longer, but I can't promise anything. :,)

======================================================================

2022. 01. 19