Eyes and Limbs

"Y/N! Wake up!" you hear a voice ring as you felt the sun violate your eyes way too early in the morning.

"Ugh... Can you like... wake me up tomorrow..." you groan and cover your face.

"I'm about to head to my first mission, so I thought you would've wanted to say goodbye and get to your mission site sooner, that's why I'm waking you up!"

As your eyes adjust to light, you realize Tanjiro's been trying to wake you up.

"Wait! You're leaving, like now?? Why didn't you wake me up sooner?!" you leap out of bed as you grab your haori and uniform that was laying beside you as you ran to another room to change and organize your hair. Grabbing your bag that you also put near you so you could get out sooner as you joined Tanjiro beside him, still inside.

"Oh good, you got ready quickly! Get some breakfast from Urokodaki-san, it's not good to leave on an empty stomach." he pats your back as you went to Urokodaki and greeted him.

"Good morning, Urokodaki-san!" you grin as you sat across the table he sat at.

"Good morning to you as well, Y/N. Eat this, it's rice and eggs with some veggies. It'll give you enough energy for your path." he says as he passes you a plate.

"Thank you.." you take the plate of food from him and begin to eat, of course this doesn't take you very long, anticipation of going on your first mission wins over the worry of eating too much or eating too fast.

As you finish your breakfast and walk over to Tanjiro, Urokodaki stops you by putting his hand on your shoulder.

"Don't leave until you've taken this bag. It contains money to get you started and some food for the road. I've already given one to Tanjiro as well, so don't worry. Also... stay safe," he looks to both of you.

"Both of you are strong slayers, I know it. Just, watch yourself, and write back when you can" he says with a gentle tone that makes you believe he's smiling.

"Thanks..." you say as you smile and hug him before Tanjiro does too.

"Well, we'll be off now! Thanks for everything!" you wave back as you begin to walk off.

"CAW! Good morning! CAW!" your crow flys down from who knows where and lands on your shoulder greeting you.

"Good morning! Great to see you once again, remind me your name once more? I don't remember you introducing yourself last night.. Sorry."

"CAW! That's alright, my name is Hina and I'll be your crow from now on! CAW! CAW!"

"Okay, thanks for the introduction, Hina!" you smile at her before noticing Tanjiro walking over.

Tanjiro joins you two as all of you walk for a bit before reaching a fork in the road.

"Well, I guess this is where we'll say our goodbyes then, Y/N." he turns and smiles at you.

"Good luck on your first mission, I'm sure we'll be meeting soon enough, so don't miss me too much!" you winked as you pat his shoulder.

"Yes! You too, Y/N. Good luck, I hope to see you soon!" the both of you waved to each other before going your separate ways.

Before you could do anything, a salmon haired boy popped out of nowhere.

"HOLY CRAP- You just came out of nowhere?!? Did you just wake up today and say "Oh golly! Y'know what? I'm gonna scare the living hell out of Y/N today!" or what??"

You stare wide eyed at him as you mutter under your breath all sorts of things.

"Whoops, my bad..!"

"Yes, it really is your bad, Sabito."