Chapter 54

Gabriel pulled Alex along, quickening his step in case Marianne caught up with them. He didn't like having to drag Alex away from his parents, but a confrontation in front of them with his ex-fiancé was not something that he wanted to deal with just now.

"Slow down, Gabriel!" Alex pulled back on his hand, looking around the vast entrance to Lupus Corp in confusion. The place was empty except for the security guards at the door who gave him quick bows of acknowledgement."Why did we come here?"

He looked down the corridor over her head, making sure they hadn't been followed then returned his attention to Alex. It was a mistake. Without the urgency of escape and the presence of all the people at the event, the full force of her attire hit him once again.

"Gabriel?" Her voice was low, her eyes telling him she could read the desire on his face. She knew what he wanted and wasn't leaving; that was all the encouragement he needed. Grabbing her hand once more, he led her to the bathroom just around the corner, pulled her inside and locked the door.

"You've seriously lost your mind!" She pushed him aside, reaching forward to unlock the door, but Gabriel didn't give her a chance. He kissed her quickly, nipping at her lips as he walked her backwards until she was against the wall.

"I have lost my mind." Gabriel agreed, his heart beating wildly as he grabbed the nape of her neck and ran greedy fingers over her knee highs and beneath the short skirt of her dress. "The minute I saw you, all I could think about was how easy it would be to touch you." Alex moaned when he ran two fingers over the lace covering the warmth between her legs.

"Gabriel..."

The way she looked with her eyes closed and her lips parted while she moaned his name...the last bit of control he had was slipping away. His voice shook with the effort he exerted to stop himself from pouncing on her, "This is going be fast and rough. Are you okay with that?"

"Gabriel..." she moaned again, her hips moving against his hand, begging him for more.

"Alex!" He growled his frustration, holding her face in his palms to make her focus. "I need your answer, yes or no?"

She opened her pleasure glazed eyes and nodded, "Yes."

Thank fuck. Feeling like he was about to burst, Gabriel gave her a hard kiss and spun her around. Then unzipping his trousers, he lifted her skirt up and pushed himself into her heat with one hard thrust.

"Ah!" Alex's voice rose, prompting him to cover her mouth as he pushed her against the wall. She was so hot and tight around him that he knew he wouldn't last long. He reached around her, touching her the way he knew she liked.

"Gabriel!" Her shriek was muffled, her hands reaching out to steady herself against the wall. He leaned further over her, rubbing in quick circles to match his hard thrusts. "Ah!" She moaned one last time, then she was coming, pulsing against him and pushing him over the brink to his own release.

They stood like that for several long moments, then as his heart slowed down Gabriel started feeling like a total bastard. What the hell had he been thinking, having his way with her in a bathroom of all places? "I'm sorry, Alex. I lost control." He pulled her up, riddled with guilt, "I didn't hurt you, did I?"

Alex pushed her skirts back into place, humour lighting her eyes. "Did it look like I was hurt?"

The little minx! His lips curled as he took in the sated look of her. "Not really, but still..." He adjusted his clothes, his eyes raking over her attire. Damn it, he wanted her again, but this time he would bloody well control it. "Seriously though, how am I meant to keep calm when you're wearing that damned outfit?"

Alex laughed at his pained look, "You're the one that had this damned outfit delivered to me."

"That stupid assistant, I don't know if I should thank her or fire her." His dry tone had Alex laughing again. He loved the sound of her laugh, "The election was nothing, now it actually feels like I've won."

"What?" She didn't catch his meaning.

"Nothing," he tucked a strand of her silky hair behind her ear, "just that you're so damned beautiful."

"And you're such a fool," she looked away.

"It turns out I am a fool when it comes to you." He tipped her chin back to face him, enjoying the blush that stained her cheeks. "Is it a turn off?"

She narrowed her eyes, "Did it feel like I was turned off?"

Angry and embarrassed at the same time: that was his Alex. She was always full of contradictions. Having survived a werewolf bite and living with constant pain...her strength was undeniable. She was strong, smart and decisive and he found that insanely attractive. But then there were moments when her vulnerability showed through, moments when he realised that despite her unprecedented experiences in life, she was still naive in many ways. Naive and sensitive. Her tears after meeting her brother had almost torn his heart to shreds. Gabriel understood well, that this small, human woman could bring him to his knees. "I love you, Alex."