Rules were meant to be broken

Disclaimer- I do not own charmed( or the characters in the show) nor total drama island or any songs that was previously used in this story!

Sitting on the couch texting Heather and Bridgette she began to wonder what was going through Duncan's mind. He probably thought she was crazy.

Thinking about it she probably was insane to him. She was dodging her husband, screaming her head off for the second time she has been in here. She must be going crazy.

Soon Duncan came out of the bathroom and sat by Courtney.

"I hope you're hungry, cause I made enough food for both of us," Duncan said before turning on the tv to channel surf.

"I guess I am." She shrugged looking at her text.

Heather: sleep with him again!
Bridgette: I swear your life is like a crazy tv show.

Courtney rolled her eyes at that.

She noticed Duncan's presence moving away from her. Looking up she saw him going to the kitchen.

Courtney: yeah and yours and Geoff are like a perfect romantic fantasy.

Heather: yeah one that gets even better tomorrow in Hawaii

Bridgette: packing my bags as we speak. I'm expecting to see you guys at the airport tomorrow.

Courtney: what time is your flight again?

"So what's it like being a therapist?" Duncan's voice called snapping her attention from her phone to him.

Courtney looked over and saw him walking towards her from the kitchen.

"It's great," Courtney said before glancing down at her phone.

Bridgette:10:30

"You giving me that answer cause of a certain blonde that you work with?" Duncan asks teasingly. 

Putting her phone on the table in front of her she looked over at Duncan who now was sitting next to her.

"No. I genuinely think it's great. It's nice and amazing to see the positive impact you have on their mental health, also how it affects their everyday life." Courtney answered.

"So what are the pros and cons of being a therapist?" Duncan asked intrigued.

Courtney blinked before listing things off, "well the pros are like I said before your impact on them. Now knowing the knowledge of different situations and how to have aspects with people. Also, you learn to read body language and tones. Really good pay and good karma."

"And the cons?"

Courtney sighed thinking. " well it can vary from person to person. If your client has the same trauma as you or similar triggers that remind you of that certain trauma, then you get reminded of it and the flashbacks. Then there's sometimes when you tried everything you could to help someone but you just weren't enough. There are also crazy parents and rules you have to follow. Even if you know you could help them more if you broke the rules but you can't."

"Woah. That's a lot. Especially the trauma part." Duncan said.

"Yeah it can be difficult but helping them can also help you," Courtney stated.

"Do you have trauma?" Duncan asked.

That question really caught her off guard.

"I- what?"

"I said do you have trauma?" Duncan repeated making full eye contact with her.

"I mean doesn't everyone. Don't you have them?" Courtney said dismissively.