Chapter 19

We've been shopping for hours after we both went and got waxed and had a facial done.

I don't think I've ever felt this expensive.

Mrs. Grey has made me feel like family with how much she tells me. She told me stories about each one of the boys, how she met Mr. Grey, how they fell in love, how he proposed.

Hanging out with Mrs. Grey makes me feel like I'm equal to her, I'm not poor to her, I'm not overly smart, I'm not the lower class.

I'm equal.

"So, first we're going to go get pedicures, then we're going to look for dresses, and then to a few stores. I need some new shirts, but please look around yourself. I think you will like a lot of the stores. We have similar taste. And then we're going to go to a very famous lingerie store. We can split ways there, I love that store with my whole heart so we can probably spend half the day there." She explains as I follow her towards a expensive looking salon.

She looks over at me "Do you want to get your hair done while we're here? I was thinking about some subtle highlights." She asks me. My eyes widen "I've never had my hair done, what could I get?" I ask her.

Her eyes widen as she gasps, grabbing my hand and yanking me towards the salon in a full run "Oh my lord dear! You'll never want to leave!" She exclaims.

She throws the glass doors to the salon open, the receptionist's head snapped up and her face stretched into a smile as Mrs. Grey walked over to her and gave her a hug.

   I look around the brightly lit salon. The walls are painted a light tan, posters of hair supplies and models with nails and makeup, etc. posted over the walls. The entire front of the salon facing the parking lot is all clear glass with more products posted all over and sales. There are black salon chairs at each black desk covered in tools and a hair dryer, along with pictures of their loved ones with large mirrors hanging above the desks. Light bulbs went all the way around the mirror to light up the stations. Low set lights lit up the walkway between the busy stations. A waiting room is sat behind the receptionists' desk, with a group of 6 soft black leather chairs. To the left of the door when you walk in is a corner covered in nail polish colors and acrylic nail shapes. Three nail stations are huddled around in the spacious corner. The oak wood floors are scattered with some loose hair and dirt. Way in the back are some washing stations I think and a group of restrooms.

"María!" The blonde receptionist exclaims as she pulls back from the hug. Mrs. Grey smiles "Hey V! I need your 2 best hairstylist and nail techs. We'll be here a while." She states.

The blonde girl V nods her head and looks over towards me "Oh my goodness you're gorgeous, beautiful!" She exclaims, coming over to me with open arms.

I smile at her "You too!" I state as I give her a hug. She smiles as she pulls back, turning towards Mrs. Grey "She a friends daughter?" She asks politely.

Mrs. Grey shakes her head with a large smile "No, my future daughter-in-law." She says confidently. I feel heat rise to my cheeks as V gasps.

"Oh my god! One of your boys got engaged to this beauty!?" She asks all excited as four people come out and start setting up at beautiful and expensive looking stations.

Mrs. Grey shakes her head "No. But I feel it in my bones that my boy Kingston won't let her go." She tells V and shock covers her face.

She turns to me "You're taming King?" She asks and I grin, giving her a little nod, she gasps with a smile and starts clapping.

"Okay! Okay! Enough of this! C'mon! The stations are ready, just change into these black t-shirts before we start doing your hair." She tells us, handing us loose fitting black silk robes.