3

As Diana drove home from work, she was on cloud nine. She had sketched two of the most amazing couture gowns for the Milan show that she knew would be the talk of the fashion world for the remainder of the year.

She made her way into her penthouse and sighed. Lately she found herself wanting. She didn't need anything professionally. Blackwood, Inc. was at the top in the fashion industry and her designers were the best of the best.

Family and friend wise she was good. Sophia and her were tighter than ever and Theodore was the best little brother a girl could ask for. Her parents, well they were the way they were making their relationship the way it was, but she was fine regardless.

Diana found herself wanting a relationship. She wanted a man to come home to and to go out on dates that she actually wanted to be present for. She felt deep down she hadn't found that special someone because of this thing with Nathan. It could be the universe's way of saying 'get your shit together and we'll get you right' or something along those lines.

She grabbed her phone and crafted a nice, but curt text message to Nathan. She was a grown woman and did as she pleased and being held captive for a month was not what she wanted or needed.

As expected, her phone began ringing. She declined the call and proceeded to text him and reiterate her initial message that they had nothing to talk about and she wishes him the best in all of his endeavors.

When he called again, she simply blocked him. Diana wasn't in the mood. It was only 3 pm and Malik wouldn't be over until 6 pm. She decided to make his favorite, steak and shrimp fettucine.

She had more than enough time as the steak was marinating and the shrimp were already peeled. Diana set an alarm for 5:15 pm and changed into one of Malik's oversized shirts and went to sleep.

She cursed her alarm when it rang, but managed to feel rested. She stretched before going to the bathroom to relieve herself and brush her teeth. By the time Malik knocked on the door the pasta was done and the sauce, steak and shrimp were ready.

"What's up, D?" Malik said kissing her lips before walking in. "Nothing much. Dinner is almost ready and Sophia and Tangie will be here at 9 if you want to see them." Malik laughed at her nickname for Theodore. "What are y'all getting into tonight?"

Diana filled him in on their plans and how they scored VIP treatment. "Sophia never met a stranger in her life." Malik chuckled as he poured a glass of whiskey. "Today has been a good day, so I'm hoping tonight is even better." Malik quirked an eyebrow.

"Oh yeah, what are you hoping for tonight?" Diana looked off to the side with a small smile. "I ended whatever it was between me and Nathan. I'm ready to find the guy for me. Someone I connect with and can be in a true and committed relationship." Malik simply nodded his head with a neutral facial expression.

"Come on, let's eat." Diana served their plates and smiled at the delicious meal. "This is great, D. Thank you for making my favorite." Malik smiled at her before taking a bite. "You're welcome. So, what's been going on with work? How's that new investor?"

Malik went on to tell her about his recent partnership and how great it was going to be for business. "I'm so proud of you, Mal. Seriously. I don't tell you that enough." He smiled at her before returning to his food. They talked about everything and nothing per usual the conversation was effortless.

Malik offered to help wash the dishes, while Diana packed away the leftovers for him to take home in Tupperware. Malik dried his hands before turning around to pull Diana close. He closed the distance between their lips and kissed her hungrily.

"Mal, we can't...I have to start getting ready." Diana whined as he lifted her onto the counter. "Just let me eat it. I'm still hungry." Diana whined some more before moaning as Malik moved her thong and played with her clit. He removed her panties altogether before pocketing them and kneeling before her.