13

Guillermo whistled as Diana made her way down to the living room in one of his shirts that now looked like the most couture dress. "This is why you're the richest designer in the world." She smiled at him before giving him a kiss. "Give a girl some scissors, a needle and thread and all is well."

Diana caressed his cheek. "Date number 4 is this weekend. Does that work for you?" Guillermo frowned. "It doesn't, babe. I have a lot going on with work this weekend. Another day next week?" Diana sighed before grabbing her purse. All she thought about was the things she overheard the night before.

Guillermo knew she was frustrated, but he couldn't pass up an opportunity to end Damon Volkov even for her. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close. "I only had two ideas for dates 3 and 4 and they're both ruined."

Diana pouted causing Guillermo to groan and peck her lips. "Date number 3 was not ruined." Diana rolled her eyes. "We had dinner and watched a great movie. I then was able to make you come five times." Diana scoffed and then hit his arm. "I'll plan the remaining dates. You just be ready for them."

He kissed her gingerly before letting her go. "Have a good day, mi amor." Diana gave him a small smile before walking out. The entire drive into the office, Diana found herself lost in her thoughts. She told herself not to jump to conclusions until she got definitive evidence from Spade.

The man she was dating couldn't possibly be a part of the Mexican cartel. It was laughable, but as she thought of their encounters, things started to click. His coldness to people that oppose him. The look that she now knew was fear from people that watched him. Then there was the incessant reference to her as his queen.

She thought back to both Ramon and Gael. "Shit Sophie!" Diana cursed loudly thinking about her best friend. If Guillermo was who he said he was then that meant Gael was one of his men. She would tell Sophie once she heard back from Spade and not a moment later.

The work day was a blur. Theodore could tell something was up, but Diana didn't have the heart to tell him. For starters, she didn't want to hear him say 'I told you so' and start championing for Malik.

Secondly, she didn't know how to navigate her feelings. This was a dangerous career with real life precarious situations at every turn. She knew for a fact that real life superseded the typical Wattpad narrative.

Yet she was still considering it. Guillermo was unlike any other man she'd encountered and maybe his background was the cause, but she didn't know if she had it in her to walk away.

She didn't know if she had it in her to stay either. Though she realized with a shiver that if she decided to walk away would Guillermo even let her. They had been texting nonstop that day and Diana couldn't deny how easy it was to talk to him. He had even been her cheerleader throughout her many meetings.

Diana found herself sitting on the couch in a daze. She was already changed and ready for bed and just wanted to indulge in a nicely rolled blunt. As she laid her head back against the sofa and puffed out rings, she thought how one night at an exclusive bar had managed to change her whole world. She slept like the dead that night and woke up better and refreshed, which she realized was needed.

The week went on as expected though she hadn't seen Guillermo since Tuesday morning. It was now the weekend and he was radio silent. She knew that if what she heard was true then he was busy dealing with this Damon Volkov character.

She was bored and a bit upset that her plans for Date #4 were ruined. Diana was prepared to just cut her losses when she was hit with a brilliant idea. She filled Sophia in on her plan and was pleasantly surprised that she was down for an impromptu girls' trip.