As My Husband Likes to Say...

Wanda smiled happily at her brother as she began adding the meat to the pot on the stove. She smiled and leaned into Pietro as he hugged her. After he had left, she caught the blush on Anna-Marie's cheeks.

"Be careful. Blush too hard and the rush will make you pass out." She then shrugged, focusing back on the task in front of her. "Unless you're hoping he'll give you mouth to mouth." She nailed a cocky smirk on her face and the silence that followed to celebrate her victory.

--

Wanda was almost finished seasoning and preparing the food when Pietro busted in the door. She stuttered in shock before her eyes sparked red. After a silent exchange with Anna-Marie, she grabbed the shotgun and followed Laura and her Spider Kid.

Once in the yard, she used her powers to fly to keep an eye on the two. A panicked energy blindsided her randomly. She froze midair, her eyes casted distantly towards the feeling. She shook her head to clear it, as it wasn't coming from the fight below. She retrained her focus on them before quickly making her way to Adam and the others.

The moment her feet touched the ground, her clothes changed from Adam's button up and her sweats she wore in her home to a form-fitting corset top and black tight fitting pants tucked into slightly heeled boots. Her hair transitioned from its bun to a more active ponytail that swayed as she took even steps towards Laura and the Beast. The only thing that remained from her transition was the shotgun that now hung from one hand. It swung up to rest in both hands as red wisp tangled around the trigger and pump.

The moment Laura moved away from the Beast, Wanda dug her boot into his chest, red wisps holding him in a four point restraint. Her hand holding the slide fell as she pointed the shotgun at his head. "Peter, Laura, make sure everyone is safe." She told them, looking up to watch them leave back to Pietro, Isabella, and Anna-Marie. After they were far enough away to not see the scene behind them, Wanda violently shoved the gun into the Beast's neck, making him choke on air as she pushed it harder and harder against his throat.

Her eyes watched his face with intent that bore into him like hell itself was burning within them. It felt as though if she looked away, even for a moment, the suffering she gave him wouldn't be real. A small smile pulled at the corner of her mouth.

"As my husband likes to say," She told him before the red in her eyes seemed to pulse outwards as she pulled her hands away from the gun. She twisted her hand that originally held the slide, making the slide snap back and then forward. "Get. Fucked." Her fingers on her other hand clenched into a fist and the gun fired.

Drops of blood sprayed across her face in a fashion that resembled the dot-to-dot drawings in a child's activity book making her flinch, causing her hold both on the gun and the Beast to vanish as she stepped away. After another cautious glance down to the Beast, it was certainly as if she wasn't sure it was dead yet.

--

Throughout all of this, Adam simply sat back on his ass and watched as his little sister tore into this once frightening animal like a Christmas present. But then....Wanda arrived floating down in an angelic pose with nothing short of a devilish fury behind her red irises. This was her moment. This was the moment his past no longer became a demon chasing him through an endless forest, rather a memory to be understood and accepted.

At the sound of a gunshot, Adam's ears perked up as he flinched from the noise before rising to his feet.

A few slow steps towards Wanda played themselves out in agonizing silence as Adam stared down to the Beast, watching for any signs of movement before he took his place in front of Wanda.

His eyes trailed every inch of false flesh that covered the now dead body of the Beast. Mutant or not, you kill anything by destroying the ability to breathe as well as muscle control. Wanda had understood this given her placement of the shotgun being in line with the brain stem.