Maximoff Center for Enhanced Education and Higher Learning

"Got a pretty big roster today. I'm quite pleased with the turnout." Adam spoke from a standing position in the auditorium of the newly built MCEEHL (Maximoff Center for Enhanced Education and Higher Learning.)

He stood at the head of the stage, having to almost double over to read from the podium in front of him.

"I'll start off by introducing the teachers we have here today. It's only been a year since the school was cleared from its old spot so don't be surprised if you see some familiar teachers throughout the year. I'm only introducing the staff that you haven't quite been introduced to yet." Adam took a sidestep and gestured to the people sitting along the back portion of the stage.

"Obviously you all remember me. No surprise there. But I think you'd all be happy to know we have a new professor for both Social Communication and Physical Education. Respectively, Anna-Marie, and Pietro." Adam shifted his position at the podium, letting his elbows rest gently on the wood.

"I'd also like to make notice of the fact that we won't really be calling each other Professor this year. Honestly, our names are how we'd like to be addressed. That being said. There is only one person you refer to with a proper title. And that would be your new Headmistress Howlett." Adam silently congratulated himself on a successful segue into the introduction of his wife before a question from the audience caught his attention.

"Does that mean you're a girl now?!" The question was shouted before Wanda had even stepped onto the stage. But even as she did, silence drowned out the laughing around them as Adam simply stared ahead at the kid, blinking periodically to show his lack of amusement.

"Wanda." Adam whispered to his wife as she approached the podium.

"That kid called me a-"

"Girl." Wanda replied out of the side of her smile.

"And you're acting like one. Are you going to continue to prove him right or take your seat, Professor." She placed extra emphasis on the last word as Adam grumbled and left to his extra large chair located at the back of the stage.

"Cheeky little...." He trailed off, feeling truly giddy at the prospect of his home finally being his home once more.

-----

- 01/23/2022