Chapter Eighteen

I never went back to that dream. In fact, I never dreamt at all. For as long as I was out B which I think was almost a day B I hadn't had a clue about anything. My mind started to race the moment I was conscious. Where the engines okay? Could the ship start? I need to talk to Sarg about the security on this ship. Would he go for it? GOD! All those questions and more pounded in my head, reminding me that I had lost an entire day sleeping. I'm sure just peek in to the engine room, and the electrical room wouldn't hurt... While I'm at it, mind as well check in on the command center, and the computer room. As long as Ajoni didn=t see me.

I slid on a muscle shirt carefully, I had to make sure nothing touched any of the stupid burns, then my jeans. The cuts, bruises and burns hurt like hell, but I wasn't going anywhere without pants on. Fuck that!

Sneaking around the ship was so easy! I didn't think that was possible! It seemed that no one was on board, I couldn't even hear Ajoni yelling at anyone B yet. So I just walked through the ship without a problem. My first stop would be the engine room, since I fixed most of that last night. When I got there, everything was exactly how I left it. Nothing had been touched. Thank you!

Next was the command center. A quick look through all the machines told me that the levels of stored water were good, waste was fine, but would have to be dumped in the next few days. All hot and cold water tanks were at 100%, and al computers were running, but just because they were running, doesn't mean they were running at what they needed to be. So I checked the computers next. It was like walking into a sauna room. The computers were hot and the fans weren't working. It's a damn good thing I have tools in every room. It only took a few minutes to fix them, apparently there was a small piece of debris caught in the fan, so that's what caused them to stop working.

The electrical room would have been my last stop, but seeing the shape of the computer room, I wanted to make sure the bridges computers weren't over heating. The electrical side of the engineering was the easiest for me. I simply places my hand on the mother board, and was given a complete diagnostic. With that done, and most of my questions answered, you would think this headache would go away, well apparently not.

I made my was back up out of the bowels of the ship and onto the main decks. A brief look around told me no was on the ship, so I went up to the bridge.

I walked right in and up to the computers, placing both hands over the two power sources and began to flip through the circuits.

"What the fuck are you doing out of bed?!" I heard Ajoni scream, I cringed and took my hands away from the console like a child caught touching something they shouldn't.

"I had questions that needed answers, and would you not yell so loud? I have a headache." I really hope she didn't see what I was doing. No one knew, not even my father knew I had electrokenisis.

"Well then you should go to bed!" She yelled to emphasize her point.

"I can't, plus I was in bed. AND, would you stop yelling?"

"No, yelling is my job. I'm commander K'singa. Now, Go. To. BED!"

"Shut up! Would you just turn on the god damned ship so I can finish fixing the damned thing? That way you won't yell at me in deep space to fix the stupid thing!"

"Fuck you bitch tit. Go to bed, and maybe I'll turn over the ship for you."

"If I'm in bed, then how the fuck am I going to fix it?!" I clutched my head as it started to pound harder. That's why I had a headache! I used too much energy using electrokenisis last nigh, and now this morning. That made sense now.

"Go to bed, get your ass fixed up and then we'll talk. Oh, while you're at it, get me coffee."

"I'm not getting you a coffee, that's Talon's bitchass job. And fine, I'll go to bed. After, you turn on the ship. I'll even throw in going to see the medic. Deal?" I was hoping if I bargained with that, that it would make this far easier on her. Hell! If she truly wanted, she could babysit me through the gal-darned medic, just to make sure I go!