{2}

181 days till February 27th

"Wow April it smells amazing, you never disappoint" penny leans on the counter smelling the air.

"See Aria someone appreciates my cooking." My mom takes off her apron.

"Well she doesn't have to deal with your sushi raps that don't taste like sushi." I place o o me napkin and a fork At each spot at the table.

"Hey Aria do you have a pen?" Penny asks as she takes a mouth full of a blueberry muffin.

"Yea I think I have one in my bag." I reach into the side pocket of my backpack when I feel a rectangular card. I pull it out of my bag.

A ace card.

"Since when are you gonna play cards at the beach?" Penny asks.

"I'm not. I don't know how this got into my bag" I bit my lip putting a strain of hair behind my ear.

"Oh my gosh. You don't think it's from the guy that forgot your name?" Penny slaps her hand to her mouth, faking falling out of her chair.

"Surly not" I exclaim

"It makes senseee" Penny gets up from the floor and walks over to see the card.

"What's that?" My mom asks still stirring around the mix.

"Aria bumped into this kid Jamie earlier and he totally forgot her name and called her ace. I'm mean that can't just be a coincidence."

"Do we like this Jamie?"

"I don't know him mom" I put the car back into my bag grabbing the pen for Penny.

"That's up to you Aria" Penny circles around me dancing to the music my mom had on while baking.

Penny had always been like a second sister to me. She calls my mom, mom. She basically sleeps here and eats here. But she pays for it in humor. She's like coming of for fresh air in a storm. Her moms gone and her dads a no show most of the time. We're all she really has.

" we gotta go Aria it's time to save the planettt" she sang as a little tune as she picks up another muffin.

"I'm overjoyed." I kiss my mom goodbye stealing a grape.

"I'll rase ya" Penny yells already half down the street.

"Not fair! I don't even have shoes on." I yell trying to catch up with her. The. Sun was blazing into my eyes, I could feel my necklace holding by the last thread.

"That's too bad, I'll guess you'll just have to hurry up" Penny stops and gets in a stance pretending to wait for me.
We reach the burning sand. I drop my bag as I chase Penny into the water.

I tackle her making us both fall into the water laughing. Feeling the cold water on our skin.

"Oh my gosh. Is that the ace freak?" Penny says turning over and leaving in her elbows.

I tune over to see where she's looking. "What?"

"Ha! It is him! We have to go say hi" Penny quickly gets up.

I grab her by the arm. "Wait hold up I thought we were here to save the planet or whatever."

"The planet can wait." Penny realises my grip and runs to him.

"Hey ace freak." Penny throws her hands up as I catch up to her.

"Well hello" Jamie turns around to face us with a confused look plastered across his face.