Chapter 16

"Please explain yourself, young lady," Imogen spits out, while digging into a bowl of ice cream.

I asked the girls to all come around for a sleep over, so that they could be updated and give me a bit of advice.

However, I did not think that they would tie me to a chair and interrogate me, while eating Ben & Jerry's as their torture form of choice. I really like that ice cream.

I rolled my eyes. "It's the same as the first time I told you. Ronan have a contract to make a a fake couple. I thought Ollie would get jealous. However, it was Ronan's way of staking a claim on me because of a bet. However, Ollie ruined the bet by getting friendly with me, then beating up Ronan. Or at least trying. Ronan is a potential good guy, Ollie is a prick. Both have asked me out."

Isla starts laughing.

"Why are you laughing, you weirdo?" Isabelle asks, looking a bit scared at Isla's manic outburst.

She calms down a bit, and giggles. "It sounds just like a book I read!"

I raise an eyebrow.

"Not that that has anything to do with the situation." She corrects.

"So what should I do?" I ask as Imogen unties my wrists and passes me a bowl of ice cream.

"Give Ronan a chance, he seems like a sweetie at heart," Isla suggests.

Isabelle shakes her head, "No, no way. He was a maniac. She should act as of it never happened. Ignore both, be a feminist."

"Darling, being a feminist is standing up for female rights, not ignoring two hot boys who are currently on offer," I say.

She narrows her eyes. "Careful rookie, we could always tie you up again."

Imogen nods. "I could practise tying people up. It could come in useful, you know, with Kilani and stuff."

I gasp, "Imogen! Are you being kinky already!"

She rolls her eyes. "No, I am not."

"Then what did you mean?" Isla asks, licking the ice cream off her spoon.

"If he breaks up with me before sixth form, I'm going to tie him up and keep him in my attic until he takes it back, or I meet Gerard Way," she pauses. "It's a win win for me, if you think about it."

Isla looks shocked, and Isabelle doesn't seem sure if she should laugh or call the police.

I shrug. "Makes sense."

"Anyway Alex," Imogen continues, suddenly sounding serious, "you should just do what's right for you. As long as you don't go out with Ollie. Because then we will tie you up."

I giggle nervously, and look skyward for divine inspiration.

I really hope this thing doesn't blow up in my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I knock on the now faded red door, fidgeting slightly. I remember when this door was bright red, and you could still smell the paint off it.

Why was I smelling a door?

Eh, never mind.

I smile nervously as Sandra opens the door, looking really good for a woman her age - I hope I look as good as her when I'm forty!

"Alex, sweetie!" She says, smiling at me warmly, "I haven't seen you in what feels like forever! How's your mother?"

I smile a bit more, feeling comfortable in her motherly presence. "She's good - she said she'd love to see you again."