Chapter 3

"I, don't wanna hear you've gotta boyfriend, sometimes, you're better off alone...."

I loved music. What was better than walking to school, blaring Panic! At the disco, all the while scuffing my ugly shoes?

Music was a bit of a lifeline to me - a way of escaping and experiencing new emotions without having to hurt anyone in the process.
I could learn about love, hate, jealousy, passion, all at the click of a smooth and metallic button.

Why experience painful emotions when someone else could do it to your listening pleasure?

Besides, I had better things to do then feel, god forbid! (Cue sarcastic robot movement.)

I had a pretty good life, I'll admit it any day to anyone. I did well in school, in some subjects more than others, I had a good relationship with my family, my friends and I got along easily, and I had hobbies outside of school.

Add that to a ton of homework and you're gonna be busy.

But, life ain't too shabby, I thought in a mock-American accent as I strolled down the pavement near school.

That's when I saw him.

He was, quite frankly, the only fly in my life that couldn't be squashed with intelligence, sarcasm, or kindness.

The big bug constantly tormented me with its incompetent buzzing, if you get my gist.

He was the reason I still had trust issues when it came to puddles. And handcuffs. And thongs. Just.... Yeah.

And that was how I had always seen Ronan Blake.