Chapter 26: Accidental confession

We stayed in the car a couple more minutes, none of us peaking and just staring at each other. I knew he was scared, and he has good reasons to be. I don't trust myself around Harry. I should have control over my actions and act mature. We are not kids and I shouldn't act like one. 

I pecked him one last time and said, "I should go," He simply nodded and politely declined the offer to come in. I got out of the car and he pulled out and left. Something in his eyes told me it was the last time for us. 

Maybe this was a test to our relationship. I'm going to prove that I'm worthy of him and will always do right by him. I leaned on the front door, thinking about everything and nothing at the same time.

 A few minutes passed, and I told to myself, 'Suck it up Clara, it's just a few days and you're home. Don't overthink. What will happen will happen, you just got to try your best not to get hurt' with that thought echoing in my mind, I turned around and placed my hand on the door handle. Taking a deep breath and opened the door with a click. 

I closed it behind me and went deeper into the living room. I saw Niall, Louis and Harry sprawled out on the couch, laughing about something and they all turned silent once they saw me coming. Niall and Louis got up from the couch and said something to Harry and started walking towards me. 

"We are gonna head off. Take care, love. And call anyone of us if you need help with anything or if he is being an arse."

Harry shouted 'Dick!" from the couch and we laughed. "Sure, thanks Lou" Louis nodded and Niall smiled at me. With that they left and now, a crazy thought hit me. Now, it was only me and Harry in this giant museum-like house.

"Are you just going to stand there?" Harry asked.

I shook my head, "Right!"

I went over and sat on the couch on the left to him. "I'm sorry you have to stay here. I'm not a kid and I don't need any baby sitter but Niall thinks I need someone to take care of me and well, he is a one stubborn lad,"

"It's fine. I am the one who got you in this situation and I'm the one who is going to get you out of it," I sighed and he immediately opened his mouth to speak but I beat him to it, "It's been a long day, do you mind if I take a shower?"

"Of course not," I stood up awkwardly and looked around the house. Harry stared at me with confusion and I spoke, "Um, where should I....which one is my room?" 

"Uh, right, sorry. The first one to your left, up the stairs." He pointed to a room and I nodded. I got into the room and closed the door. Removing the bag on my shoulder, I picked out a night wear, a set of PJ's and shirt with a mickey-mouse print on it. Don't judge me. They are cute.

I stripped down to my underwear and bra and stepped into he bathroom. I looked at my reflection in the mirror. There were dark circles under my eyes and my face looked drained out. I cringed at my face and removed my inners and stepped under the shower. The hot water felt insanely good while hitting my body, after a very strange two days. I relaxed under it and let myself have some good time under there. 

I spent some good few minutes just staying under warm water and not thinking about anything. After turning off the tap, I wrapped myself in a towel and got out. I came out of the bathroom and looked into the mirror beside the bed. Staring at my reflection after the bath was much better then before. My face looked hydrated and fresh. 

I was so busy looking at myself, I didn't observe a tall masculine figure standing by the doorway. When I saw him looking at me through the mirror, I screamed and almost dropped the towel. I caught it quickly and held it tight around my body.