Mission Failed

Chapter: 08

Kylee put on her watch and looked at herself in the mirror. She was wearing a baby pink, sleeveless top with sky-blue jeans and plain, white sneakers. Her brown hair was in a braid, resting on her shoulder with a few strands loose and she had worn a golden locket to match her golden bracelets.

It was the most decent outfit she could think of for a date. She didn’t give a thought to any dresses as she thought they might be a little over. Plus, she didn’t wear any dresses that often.

She barely had any makeup on either; just a light lip gloss with blush and eyeliner was more than enough for her.

It hadn’t taken her more than fifteen minutes to get ready. Stella had insisted on coming over to help her but she denied it. She didn’t want Stella forcing her into short dresses.

She felt her phone buzz in her pocket and took it out to see a text from Wyatt.

Are you ready yet? I’m on your porch.

Kylee gave herself one last look in the mirror before heading out of her room. She went downstairs and saw Casey come out of the kitchen. She cursed under her breath as Casey gave her a confused look.

“Are you going to the circus?” he asked and Kylee rolled her eyes.

She walked past him, heading towards the door. She opened it to reveal Wyatt. He was wearing a white shirt with a leather jacket on top and black jeans with black sneakers. They both smiled when they saw each other.

“Wow,” Wyatt spoke. “You look great.”

“Thanks. You too.” Kylee said.

Hello,” Kylee heard a voice behind her, and Casey stood at the door. “You’re the unlucky person taking her to the circus?” Wyatt knitted his eyebrows in confusion and Kylee inhaled sharply.

“Could you give me a minute?” Kylee said to Wyatt and he nodded.

She grabbed Casey’s ear and dragged him away from the door with him muttering, “Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow,”

She released his ear in the living room and glared at him. “Stay here.” He held up his hands in surrender and Kylee headed back to the door.

“Sorry about that,” she said.

“It’s fine,” Wyatt said and held out his arm. “Shall we?” Kylee smiled and locked her arm with his. They both went to his car. Kylee gazed at it, amazed.

That’s your car?” she asked.

“Yeah, don’t tell my father. He’ll kill me if he finds out I took his new car,” he said and Kylee chuckled. They both sat in the car and Wyatt started driving.

“Where are we going, anyway?” Kylee asked.

“You’ll find out soon,” Wyatt said and she furrowed her eyebrows.

After a fifteen-minute drive, they reached the place. Wyatt pulled the car into the parking lot and both of them got out. Kylee looked around to see where they were and her eyes lit up when she saw the place.

It was a funfair, with many stalls and rides. The air was filled with laughter. Kids were running around with cotton candies in their hands. The lights glowed brightly in the darkness of night. It was an incredibly cheerful environment.

“This is amazing,” Kylee said as they both walked into the grassy area.

“It’s not anything formal or that peaceful but—”

“No, it’s great. I love it,” she cut Wyatt off and he smiled at her.

They both got some cotton candy; Wyatt got the blue one and Kylee got the pink. They both walked around, talking for a while.