001. inferno

chapter one•inferno(FLASHBACK)

chapter one•inferno
(FLASHBACK)

I feel the blazing fire run through my veins, and the burning flames rest on my hands. Little bits of smoke radiate off my skin. My body is at a combusting maximum temperature and the amount of power I have currently satisfies me.

This was how I always wanted it to be. Or how I thought I wanted it to be. Everyone's bound to be deathly hungry for power at some point.

Some people have a reason, and some people just do it for fun. I do have a reason.None of it matters anymore though. This the most powerful I have ever been.

Everything I had ever been through will be taken out on the man who could have stopped it all; Spider-Man.

I had found out his secret identity, boo-hoo.

It is quite a sob story that Peter Parker (Spider-Man) failed to save the two people he loved the most. The first being his uncle, and somewhat recently, he lost his girlfriend, Gwen Stacy. He stopped pulling his punches for a bit until he found out about me.

I am back for revenge, and that suddenly brought him back to life. The city has been in a drought of superheroes. No one was there to help the people who needed saving. Spider-Man wasn't there.

Spider-Man deserved what I am about to do.

I had lost everything to a massive fire in my home. I lost my family, friends, and my whole life. God, I wished there wasn't a gathering in my house that night.

And that monstrous fire gave me the powers I am burdened with. Not that the powers aren't extraordinary; but they're a constant reminder that I couldn't save the people that I loved the most.

I didn't have any superpowers at the time it happened. I was no superhero; but Spider-Man was.

After Gwen died, he decided that he would take it out on New York City and the whole world. He was off duty because of his girlfriend's death. He could have prevented the death of the people you loved, but he was too selfish. He had vowed to protect the city, and everyone felt secure because of that. But when he disappeared one day, everyone was scared and unsure of how to protect themselves anymore.

I was seventeen like him, and you were living alone in an alleyway at that point. I had nothing after the fire.

Even though it sounds impossible, the.
fire granted me the power of pyrokinesis. I can manipulate fire, and I am now immune to burning or anything of the sort.

I'm not sure why or how you got these powers, but I know exactly what cause they will be used for.

They would be used to take down Peter Parker once and for all.

He really wasn't good at keeping his secret identity a secret, was he?

"Synne! You don't have to do this!" Peter yelled, as you floated over the top of the building fireballs resting in your hot hands.