011.three spider-men

chapter eleven•three spider-men

Suddenly, Ned and MJ walk onto the rooftop, hugging Peter tightly. "I'm sorry," MJ whispers.

"Peter, there's... there's some people here."

Ned looks up at me. I stand there, protectively at Peter's side as everyone stands up. "I thought you were a villain-"

I ignore Ned, and freeze when I spot the two silhouettes standing on the school's tower. Peter stands in front of me now, unsure what to think of the two unknown figures. I know who they are as soon as they swing down closer to us.

I can't believe my own eyes.

One of them is unfamiliar, but I am  in shock when I see Peter. Not the Peter next to me, but the Peter from my universe. He is in his Spider-Man suit, and he looks only slightly older. He was is same killer from before. It takes everything to not lunge at him and burn him with my hands.

But when I look at him now, I remember how we used to get along in school before I knew him as my enemy. The Peter from this universe has allowed me to see the good in Spider-Man, and I hate it.

The brunette boy takes a seat next to me, a camera dangling across his shirt. "I'm Peter. Peter Parker."

I cross my legs as I sit at my desk, offering him a faint smile. "I'm Synne Blackburn."

He grins, his hand reaching towards his camera. I've noticed him with it quite a bit and don't understand why Flash always seems to criticize him for it.

"You look really pretty, Synne. Mind if I take a picture?"

I shrug. "Why not?"

"Hey, wait, wait- whoa!" This-universe-Peter says, cuts on his face.

"Sorry... about May," the unknown man replies.

I quickly realize that he is another version of Spider-Man from a different universe. My Peter quickly locks eyes with me and I look at him with darkened eyes. "Peter..." I mumble.

"Yeah, sorry. I've got some understanding of what it--" My Peter starts, his eyes darting away from me.

I scoff and he looks back at me again with a look of confusion. "Why are you here?"

"I could ask you the same question, Parker."

The Peter from this universe begins to hyperventilate. "No, no, no... please don't tell me that you know what I'm going through."

"Okay," My Peter nods.

"She's gone. And it's all my fault. She died for nothing.  So I'm gonna do what I should have done in the first place," he sniffles, reaching for the box in MJ's hand.

"Peter-" the oldest Peter starts.

"Please, don't! You don't belong here, either of you. So I'm sending you home. Those other guys are from your worlds, right?"

The other Peters nod.

"So you deal with it. And if they die, if you kill them... that's on you. It's not my problem. I don't care anymore. I'm done. I'm really sorry that I dragged you into this. But you have to go home now. Good luck."

I freeze at Peter's words. "So, you don't care if I die now?"

Peter tries to reach for the box again, but MJ holds it away from him. He then turns to me apologetically. "Love, it's not like that."

I lift myself off the ground, away from Peter. I land in front of my Peter, the one from your universe. "I'll be back to get you later," I threaten.

As I try to get away, I feel a web grab you. This-universe Peter had webbed me, pulling me back to the ground. I a surprisingly close to him, and both of our breathing is heavy. "Don't go. I need you."