• Sudden •

She looks like an angel,
Walks like an angel
Talks like an angel
But I got wise
You the devil in disguise
Oh, Yes you are
The Devil in disguise.

~ Elvis Presley - Devil in disguise.

Leonardo's POV.

It finally dawned to Cata as I watched emotions rush in her face.

She looked confused, then terrified and lastly hopefully.

"You said safe room and hidden tunnel right? We can run. If we hurry up we can escape unharmed and we will find help on the other side." She was putting on my sweatpants then took one of her Metallica t-shirt.

If it wasn't such a bad time I would just stare her and admire how beautiful she really is.

"Yes but I can't come with you. I have to stop them from reaching you both and the only way I could do that is staying behind." I really wish I could go with her I really do, but I'm no longer a Mafia Lord. I don't have men or power or even weapons to take them all out.

My security only consisted of five men and two of them were killed during the Ambush.

It's estimated that the attackers were around twenty or so, it doesn't take a genius to know the chances of us escaping unharmed is very very slim.

I know Danny is on his way back with reinforcements but I can't risk Cata and Xavier's life by choosing to remain or go with them.

Before she even started to complain gunshots could be heard in the house and immediately Soledad and Xavier rushed in the room.

Xavy had a pair of headphones playing some random music on so that's why he wasn't crying. He was completely unaware of the danger he was in and I want to keep it that way.

"Hurry up now. We have like less than ten minutes to get you to the safe room. Let's go." I took Catallina's hand and led them downstairs through a secret exit. The gunshots were louder now and Xavier looked like he wanted to cry.

"Let me hold him. We have to run now but keep quiet and try not take make heavy steps. Let's go." I let go of Cata's hand and held my son tightly really praying he didn't cry.

We finally reached the safe room and I kissed Xavy and gave him to Soledad. I hugged her too and told her to take care and finally my attention was on my wife.

"I really thought we left this life behind. No more bad guys trying to kill us. No more living in fear. Why can't it all... Just stop." She spoke looking down and I was dumbfounded. What can I say to her? Is this the life I was cursed to live in? I certainly hope not.

"Listen baby girl. I know right now it seems terrible but once this is over we will move far far away, Spain, India or even Kenya and live with the wildlife in a treehouse." I tried to crack a joke but it was clear no one was in a laughing mood.

"You will come back. Right?" She asked and before I could reply the gunshots seemed to be too close.

I grabbed her face and kissed her hard like every ounce of my blood depended on it. It lasted until the gunshots seemed louder and with that  we broke it up.

I made sure she was in the safe room and finally I could let my tough face go. I was not afraid before. The gun shots,screams and blood excited me.
But now, I had something to loose, I had a family and finally a life worth living.

I'm afraid to lose it all.

I took the revolver stuffed in my waist band and reloaded it with bullets.