Chapter 01: Arrival

Pov:Ellie 

Everything was ready, we were ready to face what might be the final war of dicathin. Our base was no longer a secret and we might get attacked anytime.Even if the traps were one way to protect us it won't protects always .A time will come when they will reach to us and slaughter us all. so we have decided to be ready for the inevitable.

We have the 4 lances, general Barion, general Vary, General Aaya, and general Mica along with Elder Varion acting as our Commander.
This war, which we were going to fight had nothing but death for us, the chances of our winning was next to impossible. Even with all these powerful figures around us, it was quite clear that this battle is far from easy. According to our intel squad, the opponent's forces were  10 times more than us and they had 2 scythe 3 retainers, and countless mana beasts under their control.

Even after all the odds out there our forces were full of energy, they contained the aura of pride around them. Pride for fighting the final battle and meeting a glorious ending.

I walked toward the chamber of the council where the final discussions of the battles were going on.

I entered the room, everyone here looked at me for a moment and then continued their respective work. With time everyone has accepted me as an official member of the council and doesn't treat my opinion as that of a child. Madam ester always compares how my way of thinking resembles that of my brother. But I don't think that's the case, I have heard many times from Tessia that his grandfather boast how Arthur is an unrivaled genius. Even in this war, his strategies outshone even that of the commanders and he also created the so-called train and steam engine.

I sat on a chair, While commander Varion went through the plan for the final time.

"And that's it " -varion

"So we won't head on the to battle directly but use guerilla warfare strategy, which the late general mentioned"-Madam Hester

" Yeah! That boy wrote a whole notebook on war strategies and defense point to point and gave me a form of advice from him as he was always busy in a fight or training,"-varion

I thought to myself that My brother was helping us in a way till the last, even after his death.
This filled me with a mixture of emotions.
Pride, Anger…….Sorrow. 

"Sir everything is ready we are ready to attack"A soldier reported to Commander Varion.

" Looks like it the time. Council members get ready for the battle and may the force be with you."-Varion shouted and with that, we moved to the battlefield.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

POV:Varion Eralith

It was a larger barren ground extending over many kilometers .With me were my trusted generals and behind us were all the soldiers who were going to fight this battle with us, the battle which might be our last.

"My dear soldiers I won't say anything long or inspiring today. I just want to say that you should be proud to be able to fight , what might be the greatest battle in the history of entire Dicathin."

With commander varion speech the whole army marched forward.

There was a huge uproar as the army of alacrya met ours.Our army, lead by our general pierced through the formation of alacrians.Even with the small numbers we were able to overwhelm them .Our lances , moving forward but also maintaining a close distance with their team killed several alacrian with every spell.

I for one was at the last leading and managing the formation of the army.

We have well calculated the possibility for being attacked from side , so I with my battalion was at back covering the people in the front line.