Chapter 10

Sofia's POV

The next morning, I got dressed for school and continued avoiding Devin's calls. Honestly, if he didn't transfer to another school, I'd probably be skipping classes too and pretending that I was sick. It felt impossible to speak with him after kissing Fez. In fact, the kiss was all I've been thinking about since it happened. I wasn't responding to Fez either. He texted me once he got off work yesterday, and I left him on read. The text read: Sofia.

All though it was very brief and lacked context, it gave me a vibe that I wasn't ready for. Hopefully he wasn't trying to reach out to me so he could talk about the kiss. Maybe everything had went back to normal for him after that. Maybe not. I'm not trying to figure out yet, I just have to clear my mind and get ready for school. So, I did what I do best, ignore everyone and got dressed.

I also took 3 shots before school. Good thing I always keep my stash up to par, or else I'd be stressing about unnecessary things that I can't change all day.

The day went by quickly and I found myself revisiting my text thread with Fez, not even responding but mostly just zoning out and thinking about my next move. Devin had been blowing up my phone non-stop, and I thought back to what Fez told me. Just ghost him.

So, that's what I continued to do. Even though I was ghosting Fez too. My phone was on DND all together right now. It felt nice to be left alone with my thoughts when an overwhelming situation came up. But deep down I know that it shouldn't be this overwhelming considering how many times Devin cheated on me. I was barely edging the tip of the iceberg with all of the things I've caught him doing with other girls.

But does that really justify what I'm doing? It goes against my morals. Staying in a relationship with Devin also goes against my morals, however I don't really have a choice.

"I mean, it's huge right?" Jules asks Rue from across the cafeteria table after sliding her the phone. Sometimes, I wonder if she's slow. Rue clearly likes her and all she does is talk about other people in front of her. It's honestly disrespectful. Rue makes a face and shakes her head.

"Don't front, it's a big dick" Jules tells her. "you know what, it may be, but uhh, we can't tell cause it's just fuckin floating in space" Rue points out. "So?" Jules questions. "So... there's no way to compare scale, you know? If there's a fuckin hand in the frame at least you can be like okay, it's about the size of an adult male hand. Or like twice the size. Or a fuckin fraction of the size-" "Rue" Jules cuts her off mid explanation. "This is an objectively big dick" she continues.

Rue doesn't respond so Jules snatches the phone back and swipes to the next one he sent. "Wow, okay... so his penis is the size of an Evion bottle. Well, the lighting is nice." Rue goes on. That's a really weird compliment for a dick pic. Painfully obvious that she's not into guys. "Uh, his room looks clean. He's well groomed." she says. "Right" Jules agrees. "Okay, yeah. I'm beginning to understand the appeal" she says, handing Jules her phone back. "Thank you... but, here's the thing" Jules continues. Oh boy.

"I'll pass on the thing, this conversation is killing my buzz." I tell them, getting up from the table and stealing Rue's apple to take with me to Maddy's table. "Hey!" she called after me, but I ignored her. This is my apple now.

"So you're basically in a long-distance relationship?" Maddy asks Cassie as me and Kat sit down at the table at the same time. "No, we like facetime every night" Cassie responds. Pfft. Sorry. "Aw, so sweet you guys are falling in love" BB says. "Oh my god, stop" Cassie says with an annoyed undertone to her voice. "We are not in love. But he did invite me to spend the weekend with him" she says. "Like the whole weekend?" Maddy asks. "Yea, like Friday and Saturday night" she confirms. "Wait, is your mom gonna let you go?" Maddy asks. "I don't know, probably. Doesn't matter I'm going anyway" Cassie rolls her eyes.